• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A/C aftermarket or OEM?

Lowhound

Local time
6:59 PM
Reaction score
My 70 Superbee came with factory air. But I purchased it when I was young & dumb. When I first got it the A/C did not work. I made the dumbass decision to take off everything on the A/C. And I no longer have any of the parts that I took off. Now I am restoring the car & want to put it back. Since Im basically starting from scratch on the A/C what route would be better searching for OEM parts or some aftermarket brand?

Did you just take off everything under the hood? Are you looking to restore back to stock or do you just want a chilly cabin?

We are in the same boat we bought a project car [was a/c car] po dissembled it and did away with the a/c parts we decided to go aftermarket since we did not have anything. We patched the firewall so it's smooth and the aftermarket guys can drill holes where the are needed,however this car is just a 318 grandma car we're stuffing a 440 in, since yours is a valuble numbers matching? Bee i would probly go factory components to retain value but thats up to you.

Classic auto air is about the best place to start. They are in FLA.

Check Vintage Air.

i had the same problem,I got the ducting and a new center vent from a guy on ebay called parts hound,I sent my heat/ac box to classic auto air in Florida,cost $930.00 but here is a pic well worth the money looks brand new,my evaporator didnt have any leaks so they cleaned and flushed it out,the only thing I have in the engine compartment is the original compressor which I am going to replace with a new sanden type as soon as I get the $800.00 for the fire wall forward kit,if your bee has the heater bypass on the fire wall like my 69 Roadrunner the can re build them also.
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z322/red69runner/IMG_0064.jpg
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z322/red69runner/IMG_0066.jpg
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z322/red69runner/BeepBeep002-1.jpg

Did you just take off everything under the hood? Are you looking to restore back to stock or do you just want a chilly cabin?
I just removed the stuff under the hood.I still have the factory interior parts.

Not to hijack the OP's thread but I'm curious about the hard lines. Does anyone repop them or go with a kit or can make them to look original?

Lowhound: My "383CI" 70 Bee came w/ AC. The guy I bought it from dumped everything under the hood. I put a 70 Hemi in (build date May 69) and I installed the AC unit from Bouchillion Performance.
Bouchillion is MOPAR ONLY

Notice the AC compressor, pulleys and belt in PIC.
I think the price is $400 with everything. Call them to find out.
Bouchillion Performance: www.bpeusa.com OR 843-744-6559
Hope this helps.
"Super-bee_ski"

Attachments

• P100053.jpg
    P100053.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 281
Auto Transport Service
Back