• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A/C pipes , hood latch , spring and release lever paint.

Tblightning

Local time
5:51 AM
Reaction score
I have been getting conflicting information if the a/c pipes that run along and in front of the radiator support and the pipe running from the condenser to the drier are supposed to be painted ? As well as the hood spring , release lever and latch. This is on a 68 Charger R/T.

I think the only things on your list that is painted is the metal that comes off of the rubber hoses. So the the large diameter low pressure line that screws to the condenser is painted black.

The small diameter high pressure line that runs along by the washer bottle is plated a silver color. The hood latch, linkage rod, lever, spring, and secondary catch are all plated, but different colors. Just like all the relay boxes, all the nuts, bolts and screws underhood to mount the hood latch and parts. The voltage regulator base and ballast resistor brackets. None of this is painted.

None of the lines going to the condensor on either side were ever painted.
same goes for all the hood latch hardware

index.php?PHPSESSID=p7cd4gt72sv5rnft53blj5ft40&action=dlattach;topic=63127.jpg

There is 2 hard lines that attach to the compressor, they will be gloss black same as the compressor . But the lines that attach to said lines will be plated clear zinc

This is 69 but will give you a very basic idea. 1968 lines route differently

Yes the low pressure line bolts on. I was thinking 1970 but they changed the lines and didn’t run over by the battery.

Look at the circled ends of the same line. Painted and plated on same line, is this correct? Is this photo of the Hoffman’s 69 RT convert?

Painted and plated on same line, is this correct? Is this photo of the Hoffman’s 69 RT convert?

There will be both painted and plated hard parts on same line.

And , Yes I think this is the Todd Hoffman built car . He sold it a LONG time ago

PS, here is a 68 .
Should give you a very good idea what is what

69=air.jpeg

I've owned this car for 42 years, removed the A/C back in 1978 to lighten the load for racing and didn't have the sense to keep the parts. Now that I've accumulated all the correct parts I wanted to make sure it is correct. I do remember it looking very much like the car that is green, but I wasn't absolutely sure .
Thanks for the info and help.

Auto Transport Service
Back