• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A/C suggestions - keep OEM setup or go classic?

Put a underdash AC unit in a Buick Skylark and changed the fan from a single speed fan to a 3 speed fan. It would freeze up solid at lower fan speed, the fix. Well this was in Texas in summer I just had the person change the temp switch when it got too cold. Short in town trips would just leave it cold. It would blow out pieces of ice when too cold, it was great. Adjusting the thermal switch would have fixed it.

This is the same question I asked myself when my RV2 compressor locked up on my 318 67 charger last year. Im still contemplating. I may put a big block in it as well so even more contemplating. But Florida is hot. Thanks for more to think about guys lol.

I just picked up my car and I dont even know if its been converted to 134. How can I check?

High and low pressure ports should be different sizes non-threaded, also should have a red and blue cap covers. R12 systems used the same size, and were threaded. If you had a shop do the work, supposed to apply a sticker to the system indicating R-134a, at least in Colorado they are required to do so on conversions.

Back