• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a/c woes

ScottMH

Local time
2:02 PM
Reaction score
i have a 68 gtx. i replaced every part in the a/c system. compressor (new sanden unit), condensor, evap, expansion valve, everything. i even had the heater valve in the box and the one on the firewall rebuilt. my pressures are dead on and my expansion valve is frosting. my driver side vents are blowing cold and my passenger side vent are blowing warm...any ideas?

Have you checked the ducts for damage and the actuators to open the doors properly?

yes sir. i have all the ducts disconnecvted so im feeling the air as it comes out big rectangle hole out the front of the box.

Drivers side cold, passenger side warm, doesn't make sense since the air comes from the same location and the ducts are good as you say. Hummmm!!!

Does sound strange. Does the air flow increase on the pass side when the fan is set to high? Slide the temp lever to warm and see if the pass side air gets warmer or remains the same. Your description sounds like you are pulling outside air on the pass side.

Isn't there a big vent door on the pass side in front of the squirrel cage?

Could the heater core be getting hot engine water even when the A/C is on?

Auto Transport Service
Back