• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A couple quick disc brake conversion questions

Holy cow!
Powder coated spindles/caliper brackets/bolts for $200 shipped.
The answers/comments state these spindles do not fit drum brakes or the kits to put disc on drum spindles.

Add in new parts from a 70s a-body and done -
Rotors/bearings/calipers/pads/grease caps & seals/rubber lines/proportioning valve/master cylinder.

I haven't compared the entire cost to an aftermarket disc kit to see what is the least expensive. I like the idea of having stock parts.

Are the 70s disc big bolt pattern?

Holy cow!
Powder coated spindles/caliper brackets/bolts for $200 shipped.
The answers/comments state these spindles do not fit drum brakes or the kits to put disc on drum spindles.

Add in new parts from a 70s a-body and done -
Rotors/bearings/calipers/pads/grease caps & seals/rubber lines/proportioning valve/master cylinder.

I haven't compared the entire cost to an aftermarket disc kit to see what is the least expensive. I like the idea of having stock parts.

Are the 70s disc big bolt pattern?

Before investing I'd check with the manufacturer to see what size the caliper brackets are. There were two different bracket sizes used on mid 70's "A" bodies. One for the small pattern smaller diameter disks (10.87" rotors) that will fit 14" wheels and the large pattern (11.75" rotors) that only fit 15" wheels. You'll need to know which ones they supply with their kit. Mine are original 11.75 disks.

Good info.
One of the Q&A answered by summit states:
Right Stuff Detailing DBSP03 spindles are compatible with stock rotors on your 1978 Dodge Coronet

But I would confirm with manufacturer before pulling the trigger.
Could probably source parts used online, it just seems around here those 70s era cars are all gone.

Auto Transport Service
Back