• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A date which will

Besides the fact that there’s a reason these women are virgins. Fat, ugly, and bearded as many of them are - a gift for their entrance time in hell. Enjoy for all of eternity.…..
Who ever said they were women? Could be goats. Or men. Maybe both.

What the hell were the Japs thinking?
A country 2/3 the size of California attacks US ???
That is like a guy in a Prius taunting a Road Runner with a Blown 426 HEMI to a race. What the heck, man ??
They thought their only chance was to disable a bunch of naval capability in one fell swoop.
This would buy time to establish a foothold in the Western Pacific and grab vital resources and setup defenses.
I don't think there was much doubt that we would come after them.
The Japaneese proved to be a tougher foe than the Germans.

I wonder how many history teachers will take the time to explain it to the kiddos? It’s truly a very special day, a salute to our hero’s , past , present and future. A Thank you to all who protect and serve.
This ^^^^
Agreed 1000 %

What the hell were the Japs thinking?
A country 2/3 the size of California attacks US ???
That is like a guy in a Prius taunting a Road Runner with a Blown 426 HEMI to a race. What the heck, man ??
You need to remember that back then, the average American didn't want to fight a war. Polls showed that even after Poland, France and England were at war, 90% did not want to go to war to help them out.

Japan knew the odds, in 1939 the Americans were still trying to recover from the depression. The US army was small, ranked only thirty-ninth in the world. Much of the artillery was still pulled by horses. Improvements weren't rapid even in 1941.

What was not anticipated was the extent that the entire American industrial complex would so quickly and successfully start pumping out the needed equipment and weapons in numbers not dreamed of.

I had read some time ago - One of the Japs biggest mistakes was to hit Pearl Harbor and then fall back. It was said because they caught us by such a huge surprise if they had pushed forward they could have gone as far as Chicago with little interference. However They didn’t do that and thus we had a chance to regroup, marshal resources into the Pacific after them. They we’re gritty bastards and for the honor and face of country they would fight to the death or suicide which made the Pacific Theater even worse than Europe.

During one of my early backpacking trips to Asia, some 25 yrs ago - I was in a bar one night in Manila. I was with the cousin of some PI friends from the states. As you would know traveling there there’s quite a few of Japs trolling around - probably for women in addition to business interests. This big Jap, drunk as a fool comes up to our table, he’s dressed in a suit - and sobbing terribly in broken English his apologies for what they had done to us at PH and for all the atrocities committed in WWII. This was 45 years after the war and he likely was either a baby or not born at all. He was asking for mine and my countrymen’s forgiveness for all they had done. I sat there dumbfounded, not knowing how to respond. I have to admit I felt sorry for the guy tortured by the mistakes of a completely different generation. At this time I don’t remember what I did do or say…… I remember the incident clearly save my following response.

You need to remember that back then, the average American didn't want to fight a war. Polls showed that even after Poland, France and England were at war, 90% did not want to go to war to help them out.

Japan knew the odds, in 1939 the Americans were still trying to recover from the depression. The US army was small, ranked only thirty-ninth in the world. Much of the artillery was still pulled by horses. Improvements weren't rapid even in 1941.

What was not anticipated was the extent that the entire American industrial complex would so quickly and successfully start pumping out the needed equipment and weapons in numbers not dreamed of.
My mother used to tell us how her Irish mother and German father (I have no idea if they were immigrants or 1st generation Americans) Often groused at night ”that damn Churchill was going to do everything he could to drag us into that European war”. They were completely against it. They viewed it as Europe’s problem and no place for us. I’m sure they were also influenced by having several boys of service age. Well she was indeed correct in her fears.

Been to the Arizona Memorial probably 10 times...
Moving to be there

RIP to all gave it all,
Many thanks the ones that defended US
& to go thru that crazy day...

Learned a couple things today watching the history Channel.
Did you know that the Brittish declared war on Japan before we did? Churchill had said he would declare within an hour, if Japan attacked us, and he kept his word, in spite of the U.S.asking him to wait for Roosevelt.
And of the 49 civilians killed in the attack.....39 were killed by friendly fire. (I knew antiarcraft rounds that didn't go off at altitude landed in Honolulu, but I didn't know it was that bad.)

I had read some time ago - One of the Japs biggest mistakes was to hit Pearl Harbor and then fall back. It was said because they caught us by such a huge surprise if they had pushed forward they could have gone as far as Chicago with little interference. However They didn’t do that and thus we had a chance to regroup, marshal resources into the Pacific after them. They we’re gritty bastards and for the honor and face of country they would fight to the death or suicide which made the Pacific Theater even worse than Europe.

During one of my early backpacking trips to Asia, some 25 yrs ago - I was in a bar one night in Manila. I was with the cousin of some PI friends from the states. As you would know traveling there there’s quite a few of Japs trolling around - probably for women in addition to business interests. This big Jap, drunk as a fool comes up to our table, he’s dressed in a suit - and sobbing terribly in broken English his apologies for what they had done to us at PH and for all the atrocities committed in WWII. This was 45 years after the war and he likely was either a baby or not born at all. He was asking for mine and my countrymen’s forgiveness for all they had done. I sat there dumbfounded, not knowing how to respond. I have to admit I felt sorry for the guy tortured by the mistakes of a completely different generation. At this time I don’t remember what I did do or say…… I remember the incident clearly save my following response.
There was a third wave planned, to attack some stuff the first wave should have attacked, but Nagumo (task force commander) felt his job had been done, and since he didn't know where our carriers were, he wanted to get his task force home without being attacked.
One of the Japanese's major screw up that day. Neosho was full of aviation gas, would have blown up half the harbor, destroy the dock repair facilities and the oil farm, and the U.S. navy would have had to retreat to the west coast.

Auto Transport Service
Back