• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a happy ending,and a sighting of galen govier ! Hemi Daytona gets saved

yes,but,fair warning,this thread was a trainwreck from the start.
some content has been removed.
browse at your own risk of mental coma.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,135489.0.html

if you dont like drama,underwear discussions and 5.0 mustangs,dont go on that thread.
stick with the thread i posted up top

Ok you got me man. I couldn't make it past post #4. I do LOVE a good trainwreck thread but it has to be based on facts, and truth, with all of the posters fighting amongst themselves for the entertainment value. The OP post looks like its completely full of crap so no dice for me...

It's worth nothing now, Bob called his bluff and told him to stick it... then found another sheet under the back seat!

My experience with Galen was back in '88-'90 when I paid about $50 or so to decode the broadcast sheet and fender tag and $10-$20 for his white book for '62-'74. But, I will say that I tried to contact him in the 2000's and asked for a reprint of the paperwork he sent me, and even offered to pay for it, but he refused because I had sold the car, not to mention it took many months and phone calls to get the no. I guess I can partially see his point, but only wanted it for nostalgia purposes.

I am absolutely no fan of GG having dealt with him in the early 2000's; complete D bag. I was happy to read about the 70 Hemi Cuda clone that he "decoded" and swore was legit (turned out to be a former /6 car) and there was another deal with some 60's Dodge that he "certified" only to be found out to be a complete fake. Anytime I see "Galen Govier certified" I laugh. I am sure he has done someone some good somewhere but IMO he has become a complete and total A hole who I would not let near any car I owned for any reason. I did see him get boot from a car show once here in WA when he got into a pissing contest with a car's owner over something.

Last edited:
In the early '80s he would decode build sheets for fellow Mopar Muscle Club members for free. I recently came across his decode of my '70 GTX sheet from back then. It's hand written on yellow legal pad paper.

It's worth nothing now, Bob called his bluff and told him to stick it... then found another sheet under the back seat!
That is one of the best reads all day!!! Karma train ran right over him... I love a happy ending.

No, you need to lighten up francis
Sigh.
I'll explain my statement for you - using small words so even you can understand:
I said the thread in question was weird - - which others have agreed with before and since -
not the trans/lez/whatever author (and therefore, not your mayor or whoever else you're fixated with).

Got it?

GG does not have a good reputation. Glad he got told to stuff the paperwork.

Holding a document/paperwork ransom for money is not Cool. Bad judgement on the guy that everyone trusted for authenticity.
Glad it worked out for the owner.

Holding a document/paperwork ransom for money is not Cool. Bad judgement on the guy that everyone trusted for authenticity.
Glad it worked out for the owner.

I understand collecting a fee for services rendered, but 25K? He's just being a dick...

Ok you got me man. I couldn't make it past post #4. I do LOVE a good trainwreck thread but it has to be based on facts, and truth, with all of the posters fighting amongst themselves for the entertainment value. The OP post looks like its completely full of crap so no dice for me...

You can say what you want, but the people who started the thread told the truth about the cars that they owned, and documented them with pictures. I put their personal preferences aside, and didn't judge them about them. They did what they felt was best for the car,which might possibly be the only unrestored Hemi Charger Daytona left in the world and put it Bob's capable hands as the new caretaker of the car. Above all that they gave a gentleman whose father bought his Daytona new a pair of Daytona fenders, which we all know are virtually worth their weight in gold in the current market. They are great people who put the cars wellbeing before the money, not to say that they didn't get good money for the car, and put helping a fellow Daytona owner with an unexpected gift of a pair of original fenders over making money off of them, and they should be treated very fairly for doing so. They are the kind of people this hobby is all about! Those are my thoughts on the whole thing.

You can say what you want, but the people who started the thread told the truth about the cars that they owned, and documented them with pictures. I put their personal preferences aside, and didn't judge them about them. They did what they felt was best for the car,which might possibly be the only unrestored Hemi Charger Daytona left in the world and put it Bob's capable hands as the new caretaker of the car. Above all that they gave a gentleman whose father bought his Daytona new a pair of Daytona fenders, which we all know are virtually worth their weight in gold in the current market. They are great people who put the cars wellbeing before the money, not to say that they didn't get good money for the car, and put helping a fellow Daytona owner with an unexpected gift of a pair of original fenders over making money off of them, and they should be treated very fairly for doing so. They are the kind of people this hobby is all about! Those are my thoughts on the whole thing.
whats your point?
they Caused the trainwreck,not us.
i even pmed them from the start and Tried to help them out.
but all they wanted was to start a trainwreck here,and i declined.

and you,
you were trying to pump their car up to a million bucks,which says a lot about your motivations.
its not the only unrestored hemi daytona in the world.

i agree,they did a hell of a nice thing giving those fenders away.
but,as you know,im brutally honest and they kept the other 2 cars,
knowing they cannot finish them.
so while 1 got rescued,the other 2 are still gonna just sit there.
so your post there about the well being of the cars is kind of absurd.

Show me another one Rob,unlikely that someone else preserved one for 50 years like they did. There were only 70 Hemi Daytona's ever built,and Big Willie wrecked 2 of them! Not to mention the other two cars that they preserved. They did the right thing by the car,which is more than most do. And there is always the other factor, and that is that they are the owners of the other two cars,and it is their choice to do what they choose to do with them. Having sold the Daytona, I am sure they could pay someone else to restore the other two cars. That said they preserved them better than most of the Mopar muscle cars that I have seen in my 40 plus years of being in the hobby. Chances are that they won't be any worse for wear if they continue to hang onto them. I have seen original Daytona fenders in that condition sell for 5 grand each,so it was more than just a nice gesture. When Bob gets the car 100% cleaned up and in running condition, it probably will be worth the million dollars that I said it would bring to the right collector. It's matching numbers and all original paint,now documented with a build sheet that Bob didn't have to pay randsom for. Alls well that ends well.

Last edited:
im pretty sure Tomika wrecked one?
maybe it was a 440 car and not a hemi?
i remember the story of him running down to the wreck scared shitless his wife was dead.

as far as condition,are we looking at the same car?
preserved?
the bottom of that car was rusty everywheres.
Bobs got his work cut out for him,but.like you said,that car is worth doing.
a million dollars???...
im not sure the markets going to go up,much less stay stable,so that might not happen.
i do wish bob the best and congratulate him on saving the car,
That is what the purpose of this thread is.

plus,you did not respond to my statement.
They caused the trainwreck,so why are you here touting them as saviours?
because they gave away some fenders and finally let someone Save the daytona?

this sounds like democrats thinking,hey pay no mind to How we got here,
just thank us For getting here.

im pretty sure Tomika wrecked one?
maybe it was a 440 car and not a hemi?
i remember the story of him running down to the wreck scared shitless his wife was dead.

as far as condition,are we looking at the same car?
preserved?
the bottom of that car was rusty everywheres.
Bobs got his work cut out for him,but.like you said,that car is worth doing.
a million dollars???...
im not sure the markets going to go up,much less stay stable,so that might not happen.
i do wish bob the best and congratulate him on saving the car,
That is what the purpose of this thread is.

plus,you did not respond to my statement.
They caused the trainwreck,so why are you here touting them as saviours?
because they gave away some fenders and finally let someone Save the daytona?

this sounds like democrats thinking,hey pay no mind to How we got here,
just thank us For getting here.

Auto Transport Service
Back