• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-Pillars are available now!

Do you mean the metal or the interior plastic trim?

In my excitement, I neglected to specify exterior, the metal A-Pillars that rot out, especially if you have a vinyl top.

Hello Mopar-friends :)

The A-pillar consists of three parts. As far as I know, AMD only manufactures the outer and inner windshield A-pillar. There are so many knowledgeable people here - does anyone know if the third part, (shown in the picture), is also being reproduced?

Thanks!
//Audun

IMG_2577.jpg
IMG_2578.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting and intricate piece. I hope it fits. If it's only the outer, that will be a pain to separate and fix.

From my GTX. The passenger side was rotted. I was lucky enough to have an entire roof section.
20160728_121930.jpg
20160728_121943.jpg

The A-pillar consists of three parts. As far as I know, AMD only manufactures the outer and inner windshield A-pillar. There are so many knowledgeable people here - does anyone know if the third part, (shown in the e), is also being reproduced?

Thanks!
//Audun

View attachment 1547768 View attachment 1547769
Holy Smokes!! I just saw your project in the background. You are building that girl from the ground up!! Do you have a build thread?

Holy Smokes!! I just saw your project in the background. You are building that girl from the ground up!! Do you have a build thread?
Hi, @threewood

Did you manage to get an entire roof section because you needed a complete A-pillar? Maybe that's what I should try if the third part of the A-pillar isn't being reproduced? It's so rotten that I won't attempt to try and save it.

Yes, this is a real rust bucket, so it's going to be the full package! But I'm not as skilled a metalworker as several others here, so most of what I need will be bought from AMD. Therefore, it might not be that interesting to create my own build threads. However, I have received a lot of good help and inspiration from several build threads here. But those craftsmen are of a different caliber!

Attaching a picture of how it looked in the garage today :)

IMG_2573.jpg

The A-pillar consists of three parts. As far as I know, AMD only manufactures the outer and inner windshield A-pillar. There are so many knowledgeable people here - does anyone know if the third part, (shown in the e), is also being reproduced?

Thanks!
//Audun

View attachment 1547768 View attachment 1547769
Interesting. I haven't started working on my A-Pillar's yet, so I didn't know they consisted of 3 pieces. My hopes are dashed. Why wouldn't AMD produce all 3 pieces?

Interesting. I haven't started working on my A-Pillar's yet, so I didn't know they consisted of 3 pieces. My hopes are dashed. Why wouldn't AMD produce all 3 pieces?
Hi @69RunnerMike :)
I didn't know either that the A-pillar consisted of three parts until I opened it up today. If AMD doesn't reproduce all these three parts, might there be others who do?

Maybe some one in here knows?

Hi @69RunnerMike :)
I didn't know either that the A-pillar consisted of three parts until I opened it up today. If AMD doesn't reproduce all these three parts, might there be others who do?

Maybe some one in here knows?
When I started my project, I had been told that no one made reproduction A-Pillars. That's why I was so excited when I saw AMD had started carrying them. I am going to give them a call and ask if they plan on carrying the third piece. If they won't our only choices would be to fabricate them ourselves or look for someone who has a parts car that would be willing to sell them. Good luck on your project.

When I started my project, I had been told that no one made reproduction A-Pillars. That's why I was so excited when I saw AMD had started carrying them. I am going to give them a call and ask if they plan on carrying the third piece. If they won't our only choices would be to fabricate them ourselves or look for someone who has a parts car that would be willing to sell them. Good luck on your project.
Sure thing, @69RunnerMike :)

I'd appreciate it if you could let me know after you've spoken with AMD. I bet there are more folks curious about this.

Greetings from Norway!

Hi, @threewood

Did you manage to get an entire roof section because you needed a complete A-pillar? Maybe that's what I should try if the third part of the A-pillar isn't being reproduced? It's so rotten that I won't attempt to try and save it.

Yes, this is a real rust bucket, so it's going to be the full package! But I'm not as skilled a metalworker as several others here, so most of what I need will be bought from AMD. Therefore, it might not be that interesting to create my own build threads. However, I have received a lot of good help and inspiration from several build threads here. But those craftsmen are of a different caliber!

Attaching a picture of how it looked in the garage today :)

View attachment 1547863
I received the complete roof section with my GTX purchase. The roof skin was rusted through as well so it was all needed.
20160724_165530.jpg
20160723_145459.jpg
20160726_113029.jpg
20160802_113911.jpg
20160802_113930.jpg

This last picture, pass side A Pillar, has been scabbed in already back to about the end of the door glass.

I haven't called them yet. Could you post more pics showing all 3 pieces?

This picture shows the outer windshield A-pillar (AMD part# 375-1468-1L):
IMG_2591.jpg

Next picture shows the inner windshield A-pillar (AMD part# 375-1468-2L):
IMG_2592.jpg

The two next pictures shows the third part of the A-pillar (the part I need). This part of the A-pillar acts in a way as an extension of the drip rail down towards the outer cowl side door Hinge.
IMG_2595.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

Does this help to understand the structure of the A-pillar, @69RunnerMike ?

Yes it does help, thanks. I will give AMD a call tomorrow for you. It doesn't make sense that they wouldn't carry all 3 pieces. I'll see what they say and let you know.

Spoke with Kevin at AMD this morning. He said they don't carry the 3rd piece and that he doesn't see any announcement that they will soon carry that part and that it would be another year if they were planning on producing it. Sorry for the bad news.

Bummer. I want to see how involved seperating these pieces actually is. Sounds like a pain in the butt.

Auto Transport Service
Back