• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-Pillars are available now!

Spoke with Kevin at AMD this morning. He said they don't carry the 3rd piece and that he doesn't see any announcement that they will soon carry that part and that it would be another year if they were planning on producing it. Sorry for the bad news.
Too bad that AMD doesn't make these parts, and also has no plans for this in the near future. Regardless, I am grateful that you took the trouble to investigate. Thank you, @69RunnerMike :)

This picture shows the outer windshield A-pillar (AMD part# 375-1468-1L):
View attachment 1555753

Next picture shows the inner windshield A-pillar (AMD part# 375-1468-2L):
View attachment 1555755

The two next pictures shows the third part of the A-pillar (the part I need). This part of the A-pillar acts in a way as an extension of the drip rail down towards the outer cowl side door Hinge.
View attachment 1555756
View attachment 1555758

Does this help to understand the structure of the A-pillar, @69RunnerMike ?
Hi, are you sure you are ten third volume A-pillar? I also need to buy and I don't know where. Thanks

Friends, now AMD have the third part produced.
1703609736994.png

Well son of a gun. AMD told me in November that they had no plans at that time to supply that piece. Merry Christmas!

Hi, @threewood

Did you manage to get an entire roof section because you needed a complete A-pillar? Maybe that's what I should try if the third part of the A-pillar isn't being reproduced? It's so rotten that I won't attempt to try and save it.

Yes, this is a real rust bucket, so it's going to be the full package! But I'm not as skilled a metalworker as several others here, so most of what I need will be bought from AMD. Therefore, it might not be that interesting to create my own build threads. However, I have received a lot of good help and inspiration from several build threads here. But those craftsmen are of a different caliber!

Attaching a picture of how it looked in the garage today :)

View attachment 1547863
that is a nice jig ur project is resting on ! you build it ?

Auto Transport Service
Back