• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Sense of Humor

The other day I was stuck in a traffic jam on the freeway and I saw a group of people walking up the lanes, going from car to car. When the guy in my lane got up to my window he told me, 'A terrorist group has kidnapped every single member of Congress and they're demanding a fifty million dollar ransom or they will douse them all in gasoline and burn them alive. We're asking for donations.' I said, 'Really? How much are people giving?' He said, 'On average, about a gallon.'

That’s funny, but haven’t you any better pizza joints down there?
We have Hells Pizza......and a few independent good ones.

1699934403237.png

See the telephone number..... 111 is our Emergency number much like 911.

1699934521370.png

One just a few clicks from my house is independently owned & operated....
1699934659825.png

We have many Sals outlets also.

Life is too short to deal with dullards. There are far too many people that have no sense of humor and no appreciation for it.
I've dealt with them since I was a kid.
A boss once told me...The world would be a boring place if everyone was serious all the time.
Amen to that. Humor can lighten a heavy moment. It can make the boring work days go by with more fun. Mary and I laugh and make jokes with each other almost every day. It really makes a relationship stronger.

When you've been where I've been in life, you either hone your sense of humor or you go nuts, honestly.
Wife says some of my stuff is "morbid", like when I make jokes about her not getting a good "ROI" on
all the med bills I've accrued... :)
One of my favorite (and yes, damn old and stale) ones is when we're out to eat and the waitress asks
how I'd like something cooked (i.e., level of doneness) - I typically reply, almost reflexively "over heat".
You get a quick idea of the servers' sense of humor (or conversely, their density betwixt the ears) using that
line. :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back