• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A12 information

07charger67

Local time
8:34 PM
Reaction score
I'm new to the A12 world, I don't have one but never heard of one until I joined this forum:edgy:. Is an A12 a roadrunner with a six pack or is it a bunch of other options?

The A12 sales code indicates an option package that included the 440-6bbl engine, 15" steel wheels, the lift off hood, and some other items within the package. It was available mid year in 1969 on both the Road Runner and Super Bee.

What he said. It also included a 4.10 Dana with both the auto and 4 speed. There was no other rear available with the A-12 package.

The link below is one of the master orders for the first A12 Roadrunners. There was a similar master order for Super Bees. You will note that it does not indicate Hemi Susupension. There was a later master order form that DID include the Hemi Suspension as part of the A12 package. The first few A12 cars that were built did NOT have the Hemi Suspension as referenced by the actual cars and the broadcast sheets.

http://sixpacksixbbl.homestead.com/masterorderdocuments.html

A12

As a side note..... The A12 package on a Road Runner was a "440 6-BBL" and on the Super Bee was a "Six Pack".

The option on a Road Runner cost an extra $462.80 and if the Torqueflight auto was desired it was and additional $39.30. Some say that if ordered on a Coupe the "Decor group", (which included deluxe vinyl trim, bright arm rest bases, deluxe steering wheel, B-pillar moldings and bright exhaust tips), was a mandatory option at $81.50.

Auto Transport Service
Back