• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A12

A couple of years ago it would have been an investment, but with the declining market the clones have taken a big hit. Right now a real deal car can be bought for around 60K. So putting it into perspective would put a nice clone around 30K or so? How much is a really nice 383 car bringing?
I know of an absolutely gorgous B5 hardtop with all #'s matching for and asking price of 27K.
KID
Where can You buy these "real deal" A12's for 60K??

Here's my 383 super bee A 12 , way over 40k to get to this point starting with a rust free basket case. It's worth what someone will pay for it .

IMG_20220816_173830.jpg

Cj, that's a nice one!!! I was offered a "real deal" A12 about 5 years ago for $60K, it was just restored, very nice. Can't get them for that anymore!!!!

Ok - I did most of the A12 stuff to my 68 GTX. It was way back when I first got the car - 1972. I loved everything about the GTX just the way it was except it needed a a little more pizazz so first in came the cragars and rwl Goodyears. But I always really loved the A12 look and performance. Back then I was able to acquire all original stuff from a toasted 69 A12 RR. I didn't put in the extras such as a Dana or whatever else. My 440 was beefed up so I used the lift off hood, manifold and carbs set-up. That was about it. I wasn't looking to fool anyone I just wanted the look and the performance out of the carbs to go along with the cam and motor I had.

When you did what I did there's no one to fool - it's a 68 GTX - there were no such options for my car in 68. At the time the A12 was either a 69 Bee or RR - nothing else. I owned the car for 48 years and no one ever gave me an ounce of **** for trying to be something it wasn't. On the opposite side everyone loved the look of the car and I beat pretty much everyone I came up agains't on the street - which was a lot. There's only one Boss 429 I'd like to have gotten another shot at. So in my opinion do what you want with your car to the point where you have it the way you want it. Screw anyone else that may honk their horn because it's technically not a real A12. For myself - I don't even believe in tribute cars - I only believe in me having the look and performance I want. I'm not trying to emulate anything. I want what I want - nothing else.

Auto Transport Service
Back