• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A518 + 6.4 Hemi + 70’s Satellite

I should have been more specific...In regards to the 1970 and older B body cars. One guy with a '68 Charger got around it by using spacers between the K member and frame rails. I would never suggest that though.
A local guy here gave me a 46RH that he had in his '70 Barracuda. I don't recall that he had fitment troubles but the trans did have some clearance cuts in the ribbing.
So when I get to it I am using a 5.7 hemi with a 518 in a 1965 coronet, I am stipp stripping down the body and hunting parts. The car is a convertible so it needs floor pans. I was under the impression the hump had to be enlarged, so I was going to slide the engine and trans in it before I did the floor boards. I think I can fab a trans cross member without using spacers. So how tight is the OD part of the trans in the tunnel?

I know this is an old post but I'm wondering if you went forward with this plan and how did it work out. I'd love to put in a 500 od with those better ratios into my 383.
I still have parts but I probably won't be making the swap, I got my old car back & it already was O/D... Since the green car is a numbers matching R/T Vert I'm thinking it's best I leave it stock & use the red car for the longer drives....

Actually since the red car is a clone I'm in the process of putting a TKO 5 spd in it...

So when I get to it I am using a 5.7 hemi with a 518 in a 1965 coronet, I am stipp stripping down the body and hunting parts. The car is a convertible so it needs floor pans. I was under the impression the hump had to be enlarged, so I was going to slide the engine and trans in it before I did the floor boards. I think I can fab a trans cross member without using spacers. So how tight is the OD part of the trans in the tunnel?
How the heck would I know?

01 face 4.gif

I was given that transmission but never installed it.

Auto Transport Service
Back