• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A727 Torque converter recommendations

Duran75

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:13 PM
Reaction score
I need to find someone or company that can recondition my 727 torque converter. Does anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Lee

Dynamic Transmissions Branford, CT talk to J.R. 203-315-0138. Awesome people to deal with.

Dynamic Transmissions Branford, CT talk to J.R. 203-315-0138. Awesome people to deal with.
Been a long time since Frank Lupo split from Harold. Frank took Dynamic converters to Delaware and Harold kept Dynamic transmissions in Branford. Shortly after that I had Harold build me a 727. He screwed me royal. Went back to Frank Lupo for everything and never looked back. Today Frank still does my converters but my buddy does my trannies locally.

Precision of New Hampton. They are a huge company that specializes in torque converters. Located in northern Iowa they have distibution centers in every state, check out there website. I got one from them for my 71 Charger they do great work.

Been a long time since Frank Lupo split from Harold. Frank took Dynamic converters to Delaware and Harold kept Dynamic transmissions in Branford. Shortly after that I had Harold build me a 727. He screwed me royal. Went back to Frank Lupo for everything and never looked back. Today Frank still does my converters but my buddy does my trannies locally.
Must be his son that owns this business now, because there is no one in the Branford, CT shop by that name. J.R. (the owner) or Danny are the only people I've dealt with for years, and I never got "screwed". Times change, people change.

Last edited:
Precision of New Hampton. They are a huge company that specializes in torque converters. Located in northern Iowa they have distibution centers in every state, check out there website. I got one from them for my 71 Charger they do great work.
Huge company, just tried to get an idea for pricing but was told they don’t deal with the general public blah blah blah. Thanks but no thanks.

X2 for Precision.

Must be his son that owns this business now, because there is no one in the Branford, CT shop by that name. J.R. (the owner) or Danny are the only people I've dealt with for years, and I never got "screwed". Times change, people change.
Sounds like JR is Harold's son. Interesting that the article makes no mention of Frank Lupo. They were partners for at least a few years. I first met them around 1982.

Yes - times change - but Dynamic transmissions will not get my work again. Harold did do good transmissions for me when he was partnered with Frank. Believe they were in New Haven back then. He was in Branford when I had my problem. I have been out of CT for 35 years.........

Where It All Started Dynamic Racing Transmissions

Huge company, just tried to get an idea for pricing but was told they don’t deal with the general public blah blah blah. Thanks but no thanks.
Not sure whats up with that. I just bought a converter from them a few months ago and a buddy of mine went to there production facility in Iowa, bought and carried one out.

Is this a restoration thing, or performance?
Ultimate Converters made me a custom converter

Is this a restoration thing, or performance?
Ultimate Converters made me a custom converter
Quite sure Lenny at Ultimate also came out of the Dynamic Transmissions/Converters group. Don't quote me as I may be wrong, but I think he was Harold's converter guy when Harold split with Frank and then Lenny went out on his own.

Quite sure Lenny at Ultimate also came out of the Dynamic Transmissions/Converters group. Don't quote me as I may be wrong, but I think he was Harold's converter guy when Harold split with Frank and then Lenny went out on his own.
Yes, Lenny told me he had worked at Dynamic before starting his own shop.

I’ve had 2 converters from Lenny at Ultimate. Excellent sales and service.
However I think Lenny sold the company and is no longer there.

Auto Transport Service
Back