• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE AC Compressor - off of a 1970 B-Body w/440 engine - $650

Status
Not open for further replies.

bollcreate

Local time
11:26 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
For Sale - AC Compressor and all necessary mounting brackets/hardware - $650

Off a 440 engine in a 1970 B-Body.
Includes all seen in picture. (Does not include hardware in the firewall, under dash)... not going in there!

Was working up to 4 years ago... should just need install and coolant refresh.
Not parting out, all or nil.
Does NOT include shipping from Denver area.

PM me.
68-70 B-Body AC.jpg

Tag says A body , post says B body, I have a 69 charger that I am looking to put AC back on.

I had it on my 1970 B-Body Coronet Bee with a 440, all the parts worked well for the system.
The compressor is off an A-Body per the tag, the B-Bodies used the same compressor, they just had a max charge of 3 lbs. 6oz. (mine has a charge of 2 lbs. 14 oz.) or 8oz. less. (See the right tag.)

Took it off to work the engine over... decided not to put it back on.
Let me know of other questions. All parts are in good working condition.

I had it on my 1970 B-Body Coronet Bee with a 440, all the parts worked well for the system.
The compressor is off an A-Body per the tag, the B-Bodies used the same compressor, they just had a max charge of 3 lbs. 6oz. (mine has a charge of 2 lbs. 14 oz.) or 8oz. less. (See the right tag.)

Took it off to work the engine over... decided not to put it back on.
Let me know of other questions. All parts are in good working condition.

That is incorrect: The big block compressors have a deep sump on bottom to hold more, the small block. doesn't have the deep sump, reason why it takes less.
Ron

Yes Ron, you are correct. The 3 lb. 6 oz. version had a larger sump than the 2 lb. 14 oz. that I am selling, as advertised.
Originally for an A-Body per the tag, but a perfectly well suited on a B-Body. My 70 Bee with a 440 did well with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back