• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AC question

Thanx for the replies guys. Essentially, all I need is the flex hose that runs from the driver side outlet [there by your knee] over to the hose that is snaked up thru that hole in the pedal assy. I got some flexhose from NAPA to go from the 'distribution housing' and over. Unable to snake the hose up all the way to go thru the hole in the pedal assy tho w/o taking a bunch of stuff off/apart. Not too motivated about doing that right now... :)

I fabbed this up on CAD and had it 3D printed for my Coronet. Its supposed to arrive next week. It will go under the steering column and connect to the back of the duct. I made a cardboard one first, and it fit like a glove. From the ductwork under the steering column to a short piece of the original corrugated tube to the center plenum box. From what I've seen automatic cars use the duct work pictured above; with the corrugated hose in 66. Manual cars however, the clutch pedal bumper extension wont clear the corrugated tube. I havent been able to find an original manual a/c car to see what was there. There is also very little information in the parts/service manuals.

ac duct drawing.png

Thanx for the replies guys. Essentially, all I need is the flex hose that runs from the driver side outlet [there by your knee] over to the hose that is snaked up thru that hole in the pedal assy. I got some flexhose from NAPA to go from the 'distribution housing' and over. Unable to snake the hose up all the way to go thru the hole in the pedal assy tho w/o taking a bunch of stuff off/apart. Not too motivated about doing that right now... :)
The original driver's side hose is 2 pieces that connect at the hole in the pedal bracket. Still difficult to install.

The two ducts on the lower left of the photo are what connects the ac box to the driver side ac vent. I'd imagine you can just run a single piece of duct tube all the way over to the ac duct instead of the two pieces. Pretty sure the duct goes through the hole in the brake pedal assembly.

View attachment 1374232

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this might depend on the model of the a/c box you have. I might be totally wrong here lol.

My car was an auto, swapped to a manual. The super common Model 955, the big a/c box with the floor plenum; appeared to have ran under the column. I still have the original hose to the drivers side spot cooler. Its one single hose. Its got a dent in it from going under the column and fits perfect if I install it. Clutch pedal interferes with it though. If it was an auto it would be fine. Car was swapped to manual when I bought it but had the a/c hose in the trunk. Parts book doesnt show two separate hoses with a plastic connector either. But that might be buried in one of the option codes. Maybe someone modified it; IDK, maybe that was the case, alot can happen in 50 plus years.

I just looked and it looks like a severe pain to roll that hose thru the hole in the pedal brackets. Literally a 90 degree bend right out of the spot cooler and crushing the hose. I may try it after seeing how the plastic duct I made works. If that a/c hose goes thru the pedal bracket, it literally blocks all kinds of access under the dash, and there are several things in the way that I'd have to rearrange lol. The plastic duct would be easily removable to service anything under the dash.

Last edited:
I managed to get my driver's side vent hose connected...just. It does run through the hole in the brake support, but not easy to get at.

IMG_20230610_131748516.jpg

Question for all y'all much more expert than I...
My 67 Belverdere II is factory air. There is apparently a plastic duct that goes from the 'box' there below the dash up and over the steering column to the vent there on the left side/under the dash. Is this unique to 66/67 or are other years the same? Mine is missing...
Tried sending you pm the inbox is full

Hmmmm sorry Mr snakeoil24 - only have one ongoing conversation. Guess I dont have this figured out yet. will try to PM you as this post popped up when I signed in

Pretty sure I have all the pieces together to do my drivers side duct the factory way. Going to have my dash apart again to install the radio in the next couple weeks so I'll try it then. Hopefully it works.

Auto Transport Service
Back