• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AC shuts off in traffic (alternator?)

I live in a very hot climate.
Hotter than this?

8-16-A.png

I use just a good 19" factory 7 blade fan and shroud and have never overheated.

A C fixed (2).jpg

I have bought several Be Cool fans, and they were Spal fans with hardware. Listed cost was about the same, but Be Cool had a rebate at the time.

Dakota digital had a fancy programable fan controller with blue tooth if you need to control 2 fans at different temps.
I used the older non-bluetooth version before installing the EFI that controls the fans now.
same on my charger now, efi controls fans and its pure joy. pull fans im using from oem fans from mercedes , very strong, each has 30amp relay, blow like a champ. Nothing can beat oem fans. But i will need to see what do i get as AC pusher, btw, is this good combo ? 2 pullers behind rad, 1 pusher in front of condenser? dont they fight with each other?

I run the Cold case radiator and fans on my 528 hemi with A/C and they work fine. Car stays at 14.5 volts all day long.

Most all American and Asian cars Im familiar with use at least a 40 amp relay for one fan, not sure if that applies for two fan systems. A word on wiring, in the ac electric world, 10 gauge copper meets code for 30 amp usage. On our dc voltage cars, most agree 10 gauge or bigger , is needed for 40 amps usage. Most non home wiring we buy today is suppled by Chyna, and it is MOSTLY copper clad aluminum wire. IMHO, that falls way short meeting ampacity requirements.

Auto Transport Service
Back