• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adam 12 Satellites

I took these photos at Mopars Under the Lights in Brookfield, WI last Friday. It's a nicely done recreation. The gentleman that owns it told me they used an actual LAPD car in that first episode, as chargervert said. After that, they were all movie cars. They went to '68s after that one episode. You'll see many '67s driven by other officers sprinkled in during the first couple of years. If you look closely, you'll see that after they went to the '69, they sometimes used stock action footage of '68s interchanged even in the same chase scenes. Most people would never notice, but we do, don't we. They kept the '69 cars in '70. I think the only '70 I saw in the show was a '70 wagon that Mac drove. They went to the '71 after that, then to the Matador.

IMG_1934.jpg
IMG_1935.jpg
IMG_1936.jpg
IMG_1939.jpg
IMG_1940.jpg

That one above is a Bel II.
Pretty sure the actual 67 cop cars were Bel I's.
Look at the tail lights and trunk panel in the pic I posted above.
No chrome trim on the lenses and no aluminum panel.

Don't want to resurrect an old thread -- too late. :) But I've been getting over a cold and watching Adam-12 reruns. I can't stop looking at the crease in the headliner near the bottom of the window on this 68 B body. No QA at the factory? :) Makes me think mine is now perfect!

177.JPG

Saw S1E3 a couple weeks ago.

Had 2 68's (one was the featured car) and a whole parking lot full of 67's in the motorpool scenes.

I still have my Cox Adam-12 Matador from 74 or 75. It has a .049 engine and driving pattern disks

there were a couple Mopars in the original Star Trek.....

i581268-600x450.jpg

Here’s a 1968 Plymouth Satellite, filling in as a government car. Note that actual government cars of the time would have been extremely unlikely to have whitewall tires or full hubcaps. Since this episode was filmed in 1968, this marks the only current model-year car to appear in an original Star Trek episode.

1704392658377.png

Here is a 1967 Dodge Coronet from the same episode, more correctly trimmed for government duty.

i581267-600x450.jpg

Much of the space center shots in this episode are in fact NASA stock footage. This 1965 Plymouth Belvedere is part of said footage, but at least that makes it a genuine US government car.

i581269-600x450.jpg

Lastly, we have a 1966 Ford Falcon, parked next to the 1968 Plymouth Satellite from the previous scene. The steelwork kind of creates the optical illusion of it being a coupe, but the coupe actually had a different roofline.

Star Trek’s third season is generally considered it worst, and that is certainly true from a car-spotting standpoint – no cars appear in any third-season episodes.

CC Television: The Cars of Star Trek - Curbside Classic

Is that Doris Day's Barracuda?

That is awesome!

I got it for Christmas in 1974. I was 14 then. It was the last toy I ever got.

Auto Transport Service
Back