• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adding air conditioning to my roadrunner

Thanks for the picture. I have also been thinking of rewiring the car. Looks like the American auto wire still uses the OE bulkhead connection ? Do you have to install all the spade connectors in the bulkhead with new wires or are they already attached ?
I questioned that previously and found out AAW has a new GM style (Bolt together) bulkhead connector that is pre-wired...

I questioned that previously and found out AAW has a new GM style (Bolt together) bulkhead connector that is pre-wired...
Yup. You need to drill two cross corner holes and the bulkhead bolts to the firewall.

I’m contemplating AC on my ‘68 GTX build. I thought I saw a serpentine setup with the compressor mounted down below the alternator. It might have been on a different engine than an RB. It would require some fab work, but you could run the hoses on the frame rail and enter the cowl down low. I don’t like the look on the engine of the front and center top mount factory style.

Thanks for the picture. I have also been thinking of rewiring the car. Looks like the American auto wire still uses the OE bulkhead connection ? Do you have to install all the spade connectors in the bulkhead with new wires or are they already attached ?
I love the AAW system bc I wanted to eventually add little extras (heated seats, electric fan, electric in tank fuel pump, maybe Holley EFI, etc). With this system, it bolts up where the OE bulkhead connection was, BUT it’s all new wiring. Very time consuming (which is what I like), deletes the external generator and ballast resister (usually) and has slightly thicker wire gauge. Almost none of the OE wiring system is used. There’s lots of people on here that can steer you towards OE style harnesses if that’s your thing.

Auto Transport Service
Back