• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adding air grabber to power bulge hood

fanucme

Local time
7:52 PM
Reaction score
I am trying to plan replacement of the flat hood on my 73 se Charger , I am cloning it to look similar to a 71 RT , either I am going to buy a glass power bulge hood , or buy a steel hood and add the air grabber parts to it. Anyone here swap the air grabber parts over onto a plain steel power bulge hood ?

One of the main problems you will have with a steel hood, is the stamped depression to receive the A/G door and other parts.
This will be difficult to reproduce, and will intorduce lots of flex and rust prone bodywork.

You can buy a fiberglass hood that is already set up for an A/G, but I don't know anyone that has used one.

First off, you cannot add an Air Grabber to a Dodge. Dodges came with the RamCharger hood option. Air Grabber was Plymouth.

First off, you cannot add an Air Grabber to a Dodge. Dodges came with the RamCharger hood option. Air Grabber was Plymouth.

Yes , you are right , I stand corrected , although you fellas know what I mean. I have been looking around and found VFN has a glass hood and am going to call around on a few others ,

I did find a rust free bulge version for 800$ and the bolt on glass is much less. I did not see one yet with the ram charger setup though ! Who makes that version ?

Fiberglass is the only way to go unless you want to spend $3000 for a N96 hood. There was one on eBay. You’re going to need more then just the hood. You need actuators, canister all vacuum lines,and switch. Do a deep research on it to make sure that’s what you want. I was going to go for the N96 hood and then found a mint R/T louvered hood that I could not pass up. I’m glad I got it. Hopefully AMD might come out with something. If you do go for the fiberglass N96 hood, please write up on it. I was always curios on how good these hoods are. Good luck
BTW in case you did not know: N96 was the ramcharger hood code.

You tell'm Rusty.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think that the R/T- S/Bee hood is the same as the N96 hood. Think the opening is way different.
Call Al Wilson.
http://www.n96airgrabber.com/

Auto Transport Service
Back