• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adjustable Pinion snubbers

Where do you race that lets you run low elevens with no bar? Not trying to start anything, just curious.
I normally go to Showtime which is 1/8.
Orlando is 1/4, they have an event called Dragstrip Riot. It is all pre 72, rail jobs, gassers ,etc.
A lot of cars are exhibition. If you are happy with your tech, so are they.

Vikings seems like they are really well built, have to see how long they last.
I put Vikings all the way around with assassin bars, watch the second burnout, they plant really well. I have a hard time not pushing through the front tires.

Nice burnouts, a week later I ordered Vikings for the front waiting on them to come now

Competition Engineering bars work great. Leave a little gap in them for the street and tighten them up at the strip. Leave the pinion snubber alone or just leave it at about 1" from the floor all the time. MT ET strip SS radials, adjustable drag shocks, SS springs, Dana 354, 833 tranny, 440 with a few extras, don't drive through the water, 11.85 - 113. Haven't broken anything yet!

Competition Engineering bars work great. Leave a little gap in them for the street and tighten them up at the strip. Leave the pinion snubber alone or just leave it at about 1" from the floor all the time. MT ET strip SS radials, adjustable drag shocks, SS springs, Dana 354, 833 tranny, 440 with a few extras, don't drive through the water, 11.85 - 113. Haven't broken anything yet!
I want with bias ply tires someone told me you shouldn't run radios with a 4-speed, I don't run the pinion snubber anymore with the caltracs I have 410 rear gears

thanks for info. sorry it took so long to respond

I stated earlier in this thread that I had wheel hop a couple of times, and the pinion subber up to the floor absolutely helped that.
I put on some stickyMickey's (long overdue) and while there was a big improvement I still got a lot of spin with moderate throttle, just not all the way through 2nd and into 3rd like before on the Coopers. So for the heck of it I dropped the snubber down out of the way, and noticed the car could handle more throttle off the line than before, and no hop. Simply flooring it right after the 1-2 shift in 'D' now hits like a sandbag to the chest:D
I believe the snubber WAS doing it's job and preventing the axle from rotating and wrapping the springs up too much...but it did it so well that it wasn't letting the springs load against the chassis enough to plant the tires. As others have said you get to a point where it tries to just lift the whole *** end = you lose traction.
Now it'll still spin 'em because we gots big-block power, but it's much more manageable and I can actually get some semblance of a jump from a standstill..

Auto Transport Service
Back