• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Adjustable rockers for 440 (Non roller) 1.5 ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonas Nordstrom

Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
Looking for a set of adjustable 1.5 ratio rockers for my 440 build, non rollers.
Isky, stock mopar or some other brand.

Pic shows the style.

rockers2.jpg

I think someone on here has a brand new set of Cranes for sale. Look in the "For sale" forums

Looking for a set of adjustable 1.5 ratio rockers for my 440 build, non rollers.
Isky, stock mopar or some other brand.

Pic shows the style.
If you get a set and decide to have them rebuilt Rocker Arms Unlimited rebuilt mine and does great work.
IMG-0892.jpg

Last edited:
I'm more a small block fan and don't know what era of big blocks used adjustable rockers. Just watched a 413 "long ram" tear down on the youtube channel of Nick's Garage to find it had factory adjustable rockers. Everyone's question is how did they adjust the valves with the intake manifold(s) installed on top of the valve covers?

I'm more a small block fan and don't know what era of big blocks used adjustable rockers. Just watched a 413 "long ram" tear down on the youtube channel of Nick's Garage to find it had factory adjustable rockers. Everyone's question is how did they adjust the valves with the intake manifold(s) installed on top of the valve covers?
Yeah, I also saw that episode. Fun to watch as I also run a 413 now. :thumbsup:

You have to remove Long Ram to adjust Valves on Long Ram cars
but it is not difficult. I should have a couple sets of the Mopar 1.5
adjustable rockers around the shop but I would need $275.00 for a
set. Let me know If you want me to look.

You have to remove Long Ram to adjust Valves on Long Ram cars
but it is not difficult. I should have a couple sets of the Mopar 1.5
adjustable rockers around the shop but I would need $275.00 for a
set. Let me know If you want me to look.
You bet Jon. :)

Like these?
I lucked out and found a new in the box set of Iskys on E-Bay a few months back.
I had to modify them to fit the Trick Flows but they are out there. Built like fire plugs.
Good luck on the search.

IMG_2968.jpg

Like these?
I lucked out and found a new in the box set of Iskys on E-Bay a few months back.
I had to modify them to fit the Trick Flows but they are out there. Built like fire plugs.
Good luck on the search.

View attachment 1390732
Every set of Isky's I've ever owned needed minor modification to properly center the wear pads over the valves... Done so many sets I made a jig for my lathe...

Every set of Isky's I've ever owned needed minor modification to properly center the wear pads over the valves... Done so many sets I made a jig for my lathe...
I should have sent these to you Wild. My machinist fit every hold down, rocker and spacer exactly to theses heads. He did an awesome job. The problem is that if I ever have to tear it down, I need to put them back exactly the way they were fitted. Nothing that careful marking won't overcome.
I have read that it is pretty much par for the course for all after market heads, perhaps even stock heads.

I should have sent these to you Wild. My machinist fit every hold down, rocker and spacer exactly to theses heads. He did an awesome job. The problem is that if I ever have to tear it down, I need to put them back exactly the way they were fitted. Nothing that careful marking won't overcome.
I have read that it is pretty much par for the course for all after market heads, perhaps even stock heads.
I intentionally cut .030-.050 to much off so I can shim them exactly how I want them... The shims spread the wear from just the shaft spacer contact to full diameter contact....

I’ve had to buy up a few sets of the Isky’s for customers lately and they are out there just getting more expensive. 300-400 depending on condition.

I have a brand new set of Crane's. They were bolted on an engine that was never ran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back