• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice needed - 1966 Charger rear bumper

GassMann

Local time
4:13 AM
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am sure this is a common challenge. I can't find a replacement for my 66 Charger rear bumper and finding an affordable location to get it straightened and chromed is proving neigh impossible here in Washington State.

The front bumper was/is in good shape. Not perfect but not bad. The rear... fubar. Looks like someone tried to push it at some time and it looks like someone tried to tow through the backup light mounts when they were removed?!?

I think I can straighten it a bit. Get it close to original but the rust is a killer. The upper (show) side on both corners is bad. I can gride and polish the steel, but it won't be chrome.

Any suggestions on how to rejuvenate this mess so it at least looks OK?

20221106_084258.jpg
20221106_084239.jpg

67 coronet has the same rear bumper. Did you try Wildcat auto wrecking? They may have something better.

I believe there is a Mopar wrecking yard just south of Ellensberg they might have one.

There's a place in LA thats a lot closer to you than Tri-City. Now I just forgot the name again. No it's not Bumper Boyz - It's Bumper (something) I'm pretty sure they're in Santa Fe Springs near LA. They did my bumpers and exhaust tips - picked up and delivered. For about $650 I think. But obviously youre going to have to ship. Some one will see this and chime in the rest of the name.

Theres also a place I hadn't heard of that has 4 pick up locations in SoCal. S&S Bumper Repair 310-6380443 or 310-638-0446. Cant give you a rec cause I haven't used them.

Auto Transport Service
Back