• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice on price for 66 Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just said FOR THAT PRICE. Aint no way it's worth that. I look at it like this. How much money would it take to make the car NICE? It's gonna 5K or more. Givin somebody 8K for a car that needs 5K or more worth of work. He asked for opinions. That was mine. For a lot less money, it's a nice car.

My point was you called the guys new car a stinking POS.

Prices vary in different parts of the country. You also have to consider the buyers cost of transport for other cars available which can include travel time, time off work, air fare, etc. So, the cost of purchase for what sounds like a good deal for someone close to a car can be completely different that for someone across the country. It goes the other way of course and someone can justify paying more for a car locally.

I looked for over 6 months for my 1966 Charger all over the USA and was willing to travel for the RIGHT car. I bought what fit MOST of my desires and traveled 3400 miles to get the car home. Is it my dream car? No, but I am working to get it as close to it as possible. It would be nice if we could jump in our time machine and order a new 1966 Charger just the way we want it and pay less than $100. to have it shipped from the factory to our local dealer but we have to live in the REAL world.

It makes no difference what others think of the price paid if the buyer is satisfied. Would YOU like it if someone called the car you just purchased a POS?

Some of you guys are smoking crack or working for free. If you have any idea what it takes to get the A/C fully functional on a '66 b-body you would realize that alone adds an easy 2k to the price. Lots of talking as usual...

No, I said FOR 8K. That's my opinion. He asked for opinions. It's a damn NICE car for maybe 4000 or so.

I understand what you are saying but you need to read the entire thread before you respond. Yes, the OP asked WIW originally but later said he had purchased it. When that happens it is clear that he feels the car is worth what he paid for it and it no longer matters what other THINK it is worth. Regardless of how you wrap it you referred to the car he BOUGHT as a stinking POS. Just saying you may want to have some consideration for the new owners feelings.

Dang dude. It's not a huge dealio. I said as long as he's happy, that's all that counts. Ain't it?

Good deal!

well it's sitting in the driveway. It is supposed to be a silver car (AA1HQ) with Red Interior. The paint is rough. But that is because the red paint job wasn't done all that well. Even though they painted the jams and the trunk. The engine compartment was painted black. Someone along the way put the white interior in it. The car has very little rust. Other than the pics where it is pointed out. It is for lack of a better term rust free. It came with a good deal of paperwork on repairs it's had done through the years. The headlamp covers work and the motors rebuilt. The gauges were redone. Oddly enough by Shafi Keisler (long before he was doing transmissions). The paperwork, headlamp motors and gauges were a big reason on getting it. It was cared for mechanically and the body is in great shape. Oh and the owner and I are alumni of the same automotive trade school in Detriot (Motech). Also there are extra parts that came with it including an additional magnum wheel for the spare. All the trunk side panels are there. as well as the original jack. Runs and drives great. The A/C was converted to 134 as well. I could go on and on. Paid 7k for it. I'm quite happy with the deal.

What you said in the quote makes sense. You got a good deal, maybe the heavens didn't open up and put it in your driveway, but you got a good deal There is a ton of value in the A/C, dash lights, headlights, trim, etc.
If the engine is good.
You can spruce up much on your on your own.
I bought my '66 for 4K last year. Put a lot of elbow grease and about 3K in it. I turned down a 16K cash offer a few months back.
A metallic red one sold at Barrett-Jackson for 18K before commission. and it was a 318 in 3+ condition.
I my opinion the 66/67 Chargers are special cars. Not great money makers but special and far between.
Good luck and enjoy your Charger!
Ragman

glad you got it and are happy with it. I thought it looked like a great car in that general price range but didn't comment because i don't know **** about 66 chargers other than they look great with shiny red paint, decent white and/or red interior (or any other color for that matter because the interiors are really cool), and magnums (road wheels ok ok) esp ready to daily drive. I can't see how you can lose to much (esp in comparison to any other non-classic daily driver that will certainly lose value unless you steal it).

so CONGRATULATIONS .. BE HAPPY ... DRIVE IT .. SELL IT LATER FOR SIMILAR VALUE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back