• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

After 44 years….

65hemi

Local time
11:38 AM
Reaction score
After 44 years, my 71 Cuda has gone to a new home. I haven’t driven it much since I finished my hemi Belvedere. The car was not actively for sale but word of mouth brought an interested individual to my attention. After a year of discussion, the Cuda was loaded up and is on its way. Was a sad day for me but it was the right time.

587E8020-2B23-4833-8F5D-24862BBE8B36.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally a 383/727/8 3/4 car. Now has 500/727/Dana.
The car would probably be considered a resto mod.
Original numbers drivetrain went with the car.

Nice! I’d like it better modded. Although... I’d have a 3rd pedal.:D

I know the feeling, we wish we could keep them forever! Tried but couldn't find pics of this one on the site. I suspect she's as awesome as your '65 Hemi Bel and would really like to see more of her. Best wishes.

Wow, your like me, in the long time car ownership.
I kept my 71 for 45 years before i sold it off.
Had 300,000 + miles on the car when it sold, but not on all the parts.
Ordered it new in 71.
I'm sure the new owner of yours, appreciates you passing it on.

Sweet car and in one of my favorite colors! I still haven't completely gotten over letting my '70 Cuda go and it was 40 years ago, lol.

It is hard to follow, but once you make a decision to sell, never look back was said by an accountant. Can one keep everything and build what they think they would like. Some can and some find it better to let someone else enjoy it.Eventually a person can’t do the same things as they could do in their 50’s.

Oh man. I do believe condolences are appropriate here. Such a gorgeous girl....
:(:(:(

I know the feeling, sold my long owned fj5 lime 70 Cuda a few years ago.....people are paying stupid money for them E bodies so I let her go. Fortunately I still have some b body mopars in the toy box, I like them better!

I sold my beloved Jessica in '92 (I was moving from PA to OH). Dumbest damn thing I ever did!! :BangHead:

Jess 3.jpg

That looked like a stunning car, I hate selling I’m a buyer but also realizing I don’t have time to enjoy them.. I hope it goes to a good home!

In the end they're just a mechanical device. I've bought and sold dozens of them. The one car I really miss is my 71 Hemi Charger. I might buy another E-body but I always enjoyed the better driving, more solid B-bodies more.
Longest I owned was my FM3 Challenger R/T at 18 years. I never sold one just for the heck of it, always to move up to something else.

Auto Transport Service
Back