• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

After market 2 speed wiper motor- how to attach the ballast resistor?

dspur

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score
Some months back I ordered a new two speed wiper motor, the illustration looking identical to the original, but what arrived was an after market. There is no screw hole for the ballast resistor so I used the same one as the grounding strap, putting the resistor to the top of the motor, only place it would fit and still have room. It appears that the hood will hit it when closed, very close.

Any thoughts on where this goes? I followed the instructions for bench testing it on high, low, and park so the resistor is needed as far as I can tell. Illustration that came with the motor has it between the ground step and motor housing, but I do not see a way to mount it.

Anyone experienced this and have a suggestion?

IMG_0933.jpeg

If you are not concerned with it being original looking, I would just screw it to the firewall....

Not as illustrated... I'd be after my money back. I'm sure that many here have a working 2 speed kicking around if you post a wtbuy.

Not as illustrated... I'd be after my money back. I'm sure that many here have a working 2 speed kicking around if you post a wtbuy.
How many 66 /6 2dr sedans came with factory AC, auto, and variable wipers? I'm thinking not many....

If you are not concerned with it being original looking, I would just screw it to the firewall....
Yeah got mixed feelings on that, too long ago to return and that's on me. Should have done that before. I may just buy another, original type and sell this one...

yeah I should have, waited too long now tho. I'll probably just source another oem style since the car is all matching numbers, etc. and I am keeping it mostly original...

Yeah got mixed feelings on that, too long ago to return and that's on me. Should have done that before. I may just buy another, original type and sell this one...
Had a couple of significant numbers matching cars....one was really nice and the other not so nice. Both were 70 Challengers with the not so nice one being a 440 RT ragtop that was pretty much fully loaded but still ran pretty decently. The other was a 383 4bbl Challenger that also had some nice options and decided to sell it so I could build another car the way I wanted instead of tearing apart a really nice original car. The guy buying it started telling me what all he planned to do with it including painting it a different color and on and on and on. Told him the more he talked, the more I was inclined in keeping it. That's when he started handing over the cash. Back then I sold it for 5500 which was kinda high for the time but probably shouldn't have sold it to him. Never saw it again after that day. The 1st wife hated the rag top.....and well, no more weemons in my life anymore :D

Auto Transport Service
Back