• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket Bucket Seats 70 RR/GTX/Satellite

roadrunner57

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
So I purchased the repop seats a couple years ago. I also purchased repop seat backs, both items from on eBay. The quality is good it seems, so I would recommend them. The previous owner purchased the repop seat foam some 10 years ago and the OEM seat tracks. He also purchase PUI seat covers, which are good IMO. I know some prefer Legendary Interiors, but I guess is what works best for you.

I also purchased the OEM hinge covers either here or Moparts, cannot remember which.

My wife and I recovered the rear seats and they look okay. We sat them in the hot sun for an hour or so and then installed them. They are not as 'full' as I had hoped, but since this is my car that I will drive, I don't care.

I intended to recover the front seats but decided against it. So I had that done locally.

So after all this prelude, here are my experiences with this project.

1. The pre-drilled holes for the screws on the seats were off a little. So drilling new holes was necessary. Holes had to be drilled for the seat backs too.

2. The hinge covers have a little pin that you slide into the seat backs too. They are just a smidgeon off so I had to maneuver the hinge covers oh so slightly to line up correctly. This is where the re-drilling came in too. Both screw holes were off maybe 1/8 inch, but that is really noticeable on the outer hinge covers, not so much on the inner hinge covers. I chose to do what I thought was right and did them both as correctly as I could.

3. For me, patience and persistence paid off. I took me about 3 hours to complete, but I have not attached the seat tracks yet.

Bottom line: these assemblies are good but expect to spend a little time. They did not just slap together; care, nurturing and cursing seem too be requirements too. They did turn out pretty nice and hopefully I will not screw them up or drop a cigarette on them and they can proudly reside in the car.

Perhaps it can help someone decide between OEM or aftermarket. Both are expensive though.

Auto Transport Service
Back