• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket buckets

dodge68charger

Local time
11:12 PM
Reaction score
Has anybody installed aftermarket seats in their mopars, if so what company did you use and how do you like them. I have some 2010 challenger seats im thinking about installing but just wondering what others have used. Thanks

how much did those challenger seats set you back? i want to put some aftermarket buckets in my 68 charger

I have yet to replace my the front buckets in my 70 RR (just got the car) but I am going to replace them (when I can afford it) with Corbeau GTS seats (see photo...it's from Dec 12 issue of Car Craft) really like the way they look (those in the photo were recovered with leather)
Pro Car makes some nice looking seats also..........

70roadbeeinteriorphoto.jpg

Summit Racing seats. Comfortable, supportive, easy install.

RR seats.jpg

Corbeau seats are crap, they are assembled in Utah but the material comes from China. I went through 2 sets of covers and they still wore through in the seams. I got the Baja RS in black. They were comfy just did not wear at all. Tim

I have yet to replace my the front buckets in my 70 RR (just got the car) but I am going to replace them (when I can afford it) with Corbeau GTS seats (see photo...it's from Dec 12 issue of Car Craft) really like the way they look (those in the photo were recovered with leather)
Pro Car makes some nice looking seats also..........

70roadbeeinteriorphoto.jpg

Good to know........that's what this forum is all about

PS: How did the frames & springs hold up? If I picked up a used set was going to have them recovered in good leather anyway.......

thanks

Corbeau seats are crap, they are assembled in Utah but the material comes from China. I went through 2 sets of covers and they still wore through in the seams. I got the Baja RS in black. They were comfy just did not wear at all. Tim

Put the 2010 seats in, I used 2004 leather dodge stratus seats. I was able to modify the mounts on the seats to bolt right into the factory mounting holes in my charger "fit and look great". You can't really argur with the quality of the factory seat nor the price, I have $150.00 in my front and rear seats.

Love to see some pics of the finished seeting project.

Put the 2010 seats in, I used 2004 leather dodge stratus seats. I was able to modify the mounts on the seats to bolt right into the factory mounting holes in my charger "fit and look great". You can't really argur with the quality of the factory seat nor the price, I have $150.00 in my front and rear seats.

I have also been looking at Chrysler 300 seats...and the late model Challenger's have nice seats also.........I guess when it comes to used seats the choices are endless...only thing I will have to check is that which ever ones I choose the original console has to still fit.........

While the buckets are a pretty simple fit the rear requires alot of work to make fit right. Width is nearly perfect, height on the other hand is a little on the tall side (roughly 6" taller than factory) making it hard to see out of the rear view mirror. Then theirs the problem of the rear lower seat cushion, since the foam basically sits on a flat surface in the 300 it has almost no framwork to support it. I built new frames for both the top and bottom portion of the rear seats (time consuming) but they sure are comfy. You don't have to make a new frame for the top (just wanted it to fasten in the way the original ones did) but without a lower frame they would bend in between the driveshaft hump. So, I guess what I'm saying is the fronts "easy" the rears "plan on putting in alot of work in". I'll post some pics as soon I can, right now I've got the interior out.

The frames held up fine but it was a waste of money to buy what I thought were good seats and find out they wear out too easliy. The corbeau seats look nice when you get them but just dont last, even in a part time car. Tim

Good to know........that's what this forum is all about

PS: How did the frames & springs hold up? If I picked up a used set was going to have them recovered in good leather anyway.......

thanks

The frames held up fine but it was a waste of money to buy what I thought were good seats and find out they wear out too easliy. The corbeau seats look nice when you get them but just dont last, even in a part time car. Tim

FYI...Corbeau GT seats can be ordered without upholstery so you can take it to a shop and have whatever design and quality you like put on.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back