• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air compressor question

Is it worth keeping the old 25 gal tank for extra air storage? Still hoping to build a workshop behind the house before I retire and do at least one more big project. Thinking of trying my hand at body and paint this time after seeing the great build threads here.
If you buy an 80 gallon, or larger, air compressor, that 25 gallon tank isn't going to make a difference. Now if it were a 100 gallon tank, that would be a different story.
You can plug the holes in the tank and use it as a remote air can. Might be kind of heavy to move around.

It could be... First question, how good of a job have you done of keeping the condensate drained? cause the tanks rust from the inside out & if/when they fail the energy released is crazy.... Watch this... Age restricted?? It's a compressor tank exploding....

that said if your confident that it's safe a small tank near a short use high volume location can be very beneficial...

Good point and something I've been thinking about as well. We have high humidity nearly all the time so there is always moisture in the tank after I use it.

I am also aware of the dangers of compressed gasses. We proof pressure test engine hardware hydrostatically for that very reason. Then it only leaks water if it fails and doesn't explode like in the video.

I am also aware of the dangers of compressed gasses. We proof pressure test engine hardware hydrostatically for that very reason. Then it only leaks water if it fails and doesn't explode like in the video.

Exactly...Compressed = stored energy...

I don't have any pictures of the finished plumbing project, I will take some if I remember.

dude.... he wants to see your plumbing

beavis-and-butthead.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back