• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air compressor will run with help but won't start by itself.......capacitor bad?

I bet @kiwigtx will know
Single phase motor problems can be down to;
* bad capacitor - they can still pack a punch even if faulty - beware
* dirty or burnt start switch
* bad wiring - burnt cables
* tight bearings
* burnt or faulty windings in motor.

Three phase motors can be a problem if the windings are damaged. There are no capacitors in a 3-phase motor.

Single phase motor problems can be down to;
* bad capacitor - they can still pack a punch even if faulty - beware
* dirty or burnt start switch
* bad wiring - burnt cables
* tight bearings
* burnt or faulty windings in motor.

Three phase motors can be a problem if the windings are damaged. There are no capacitors in a 3-phase motor.
I have a client with an older 3-phase compressor that is running a lot.

They have leaking hoses, so the air is always leaking out.
The head has been cooked by constant running because the guys let it run when the (unreported) pressure switch fault didn't shut it off. Now the heads are burnt and I suspect a compression test would show a severe lack of pumping capacity now.
I think the guys just want a new compressor....nobody looks after stuff anymore.

He must be busy having sex with his new old, old lady.

:monkeyleft:
My money's on it having a bad capacitor. Now, I'm pretty sure his starting capacitors getting a work out, I hope!! If not, just get it rolling, like that compressor and it'll go from there!

Auto Transport Service
Back