• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

air grabber hood install kit

P15

Local time
11:43 AM
Reaction score
I have a N96 70 Roadrunner I am restoring and it came without the air grabber hood. I have the bulge hood on it now and would like to return it to original with an air grabber kit. I am sure many of you have installed these and hopefully direct me to a good vender that could supply a complete kit. Also, how difficult was the install? The engine is a 383. Thanks for your help

I have a N96 70 Roadrunner I am restoring and it came without the air grabber hood. I have the bulge hood on it now and would like to return it to original with an air grabber kit. I am sure many of you have installed these and hopefully direct me to a good vender that could supply a complete kit. Also, how difficult was the install? The engine is a 383. Thanks for your help

You can get the air grabber hood from AMD and a partial kit from PG Classics. You will probably still need to source some extra underhood parts from Herb' etc. to match the actual '70 N96 setup. I would budget about 3-4k for all of this. I have one on a 70 roadrunner, it is cool to have and even non-mopar people tend to love it but I dont know if I would have spent the money to add it.

if you have patience
i would bet you could find it all used for well under 3k
keep searching around
ebay,here and other mopar boards
stuff comes up for sale all the time
just avoid the people who want a arm and a leg and your first born for their stuff.
a real n96 car should have real parts on it.

There's one for sale in upstate NY. I have seen it in person, it is nice. The seller is a true mopar guy too.

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/pts/5466508943.html

I've been scouring local CL for mopar parts and I missed that ad! Looks like everything except for the air cleaner stuff. 383 n96 will need a pie pan type so probably around 400 dollars more. I use the 69 coyote air cleaner, I like it better and my car is day 2 but if you want a restoration you will want to find the hemi orange pie pan air grabber setup for 383's.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had all that. I went to see a 70 RR he was selling and he showed me his cars and parts inventory. I was drooling. He prob could have built a few cars with all his parts.

I've been scouring local CL for mopar parts and I missed that ad! Looks like everything except for the air cleaner stuff. 383 n96 will need a pie pan type so probably around 400 dollars more. I use the 69 coyote air cleaner, I like it better and my car is day 2 but if you want a restoration you will want to find the hemi orange pie pan air grabber setup for 383's.

- - - Updated - - -

This what you're referring to SlinktRR?

IMG-20131228-00772.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if he had all that. I went to see a 70 RR he was selling and he showed me his cars and parts inventory. I was drooling. He prob could have built a few cars with all his parts.

- - - Updated - - -

This what you're referring to SlinktRR?

View attachment 314611

Yes, I have the 69 383 4 bbl oval air cleaner which looks like this:

WP_20130713_013.jpg

It should look like this for a resto, saw this numbers concours 70 383 N96 RR at carlisle in 2013. It's a california car with emissions tube in the trunk with the dual port breather.

WP_20130713_008.jpg

Try this guy. Russ Jenkins of Restoration Full Circle. He restores original units and does a fantastic job on them !

Classic industries??? They have N96 stuff 69 and up?

Thanks for the replies. New York is a long way to pick up from SD, and I found a company called Mopar Plus that appears to have all the parts. I don't know if they supply a template for cutting my existing hood, so I may be calling on one of you for dimensions. Thanks again for the help.

Out of curiously, does anyone have any info or template on cutting a 70 bulge hood and making it an air grabber? Have always wanted to do so but would like to research it.

Auto Transport Service
Back