• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air Pneumatic Jack

roadrunner57

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:48 AM
Reaction score
Anyone use one? Are they any good? I ran across a couple advertisements and they look really nice. I guess the big question is, are they a replacement for or just a supplement of the faithful floor jack?

I assume you are not referencing the air bumper jacks? We have several air over hydraulic jacks, in both floor and bottle style. Happy with all, work great and they do save some effort. They both sit a bit higher than a regular floor jack so if you are trying to get under low things you may still need your floor jack.

I got turned on to "air jacks" back in HS auto shop in the mid 1980's.

I now have two "gray" brand and I LOVE them.

I've made adapters from gm slot jacks for my 73 slot bumpers.

It's literally like having "half" of a lift.

img_20161106_102036-jpg.jpg

They can also work in a dirt floor pole barn if you put enough 2x stock under them in the right places.

Last edited:
I'm thinking the OP may be referring to air bag jacks......

upload_2022-1-11_17-37-20.png

I got turned on to "air jacks" back in HS auto shop in the mid 1980's.

I now have two "gray" brand and I LOVE them.

I've made adapters from gm slot jacks for my 73 slot bumpers.

It's literally like having "half" of a lift.

View attachment 1222153

They can also work in a dirt floor pole barn if you put enough 2x stock under them in the right places.

well well, I like that!!!

Yes I was......,

I don't have an air bag jack but FWIW, I can tell you the six Firestone air bags on this 220 Ton press are extremely reliable for tens of thousands of inflate/deflate cycles.
upload_2022-1-11_18-1-48.png

The press bags are "contained" at the top and bottom to keep them from slipping out of position.
IMHO, The air bag jacks are loose at the top and likely require great care in placement to center the load so the bag doesn't bubble out in the center on ya'.
Thinking kinda', sorta' like this......
upload_2022-1-11_18-28-49.png

One of my Gray air jacks was stored outside for over 25 years.

The surface rust on the extremely thick (3/8ths?) metal housing is pretty darn pitted but functionally it's 100%.

I've actually never seen one that didn't work.

I bought that one in Tampa around 2010 for $125.

I found the other one right across the street from my shop around 2014 for $100.

They are the exact same model.

They also make them heavy enough to lift dump trucks and buses.

Walker is another reputable brand name, and there are a few lesser recognized brands around.

I see them occasionally on CL for anywhere between $100 and $3,000.

Yes I was, but always like to see different tools. Those air bag jacks are interesting. Wondering if they are worth the investment, though they are only around $100 to $150 from what I see so far.
Yep, they are worth it.

Auto Transport Service
Back