• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Airtemp stickers?

Triplegreen500

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:03 PM
Reaction score
So, the '70 next to me at Carlisle was another factory a/c car (like mine), and it had airtemp stickers on the quarter windows. My car is an unrestored survivor...but no stickers. Should they be there? I can't imagine they took them off...maybe the quarter windows were replaced for some reason? Or, did the sticker require some sort of window tint package as well as a/c?

Don’t laugh when I say this, pop out the back seat and look around or maybe the rear interior panel. I had a friend found one somewhere it shouldn’t be back there and it had never been used, his car did had one already so it seems someone dropped it.

Last edited:
Here's one you've never seen I bet. Dealer installed air in my Swinger.

20150716_192752.jpg

Unless you had your car from new you will never know. I my self as well as others removed them. Could they of left the factory without them??? Who knows. If the glass was ever replaced it most likely never had a sticker put back on. First off the factory sticker placement was done by humans. So they will vary in placement if installed at all. As someone else posted dealer installed air had a decal in the kit and the installer put it where he wanted to. If he did it at all. Point is unless you owned it from day one you will never know.

My 67 Coronet 500 has one, but the placement was not on the quarter window as it supposedly should be. It was on the rear glass.
20180802_141738.jpg

Hm, so I assumed (and we all know what happens when you do that...) there was one on each side. Were they typically only on the passenger side? The car at the show was to the left of mine, so I was looking at the passenger side...

I've had panels and back seat out, no loose stickers :(

I tend to keep the quarter windows down, so if I do add sticker(s) I'm considering the front wing windows...yea? Nay? I just think it'd be neat to have them. Especially once I get motivated to pull the dash and fix the heat and a/c!

Hm, so I assumed (and we all know what happens when you do that...) there was one on each side. Were they typically only on the passenger side? The car at the show was to the left of mine, so I was looking at the passenger side...

I've had panels and back seat out, no loose stickers :(

I tend to keep the quarter windows down, so if I do add sticker(s) I'm considering the front wing windows...yea? Nay? I just think it'd be neat to have them. Especially once I get motivated to pull the dash and fix the heat and a/c!
Fact is you do not know. So it is what it is.....Leave it alone. Unless you rode it from the day it left the factory the decal will be like the man in the moon. Is he looking at me.

So, the '70 next to me at Carlisle was another factory a/c car (like mine), and it had airtemp stickers on the quarter windows. My car is an unrestored survivor...but no stickers. Should they be there? I can't imagine they took them off...maybe the quarter windows were replaced for some reason? Or, did the sticker require some sort of window tint package as well as a/c?
Now we need to see some pictures of that '70 parked next to you at Carlisle!!

:xscuseless:

:lol:

Sorry, the only time I was at my car was when I was sucking down Gatorade on breaks from parts-walking. My garmin says I did 16,583 steps that day! 7.6 miles...oof. No wonder my ankle (with all its screws) was killing me! When I was at the car, I was under my tent soaking up shade and gatorade, didn't even occur to me to take a photo...

Years ago, I bought a 1964 Polara 4-door hardtop parts car because it had green tinted glass and factory air conditioning. It had the Airtemp sticker on the lower right (curb) side of rear window. Classic Industries sell both the early and late style Airtemp decal. Tip: The decal carrier backing is larger than it needs to be, so trim around the decal lettering with sharp scissors before removing backing and applying to glass for neater appearance.

My 66 Belvedere I has that sticker on the lower right back window......pictures at 11 :D How many Belvedere I's had factory AC?? I know not many.....

So, the '70 next to me at Carlisle was another factory a/c car (like mine), and it had airtemp stickers on the quarter windows.
Here is his car at Carlisle, and the sticker on the neighbors car. For the photo collectors!

if you like the sticker put one on the correct place. If you put them in the wrong place it will look silly.
95F5B353-863C-4155-905F-44E41F6EA423.jpeg 5F1AB6E6-43C5-4E0D-81CA-8DD94C350FDC.jpeg

It should be on your passenger side 1/4 panel glass not both sides from the factory. It seems the older cars got it on the right rear corner of the back windshield. The sticker that was shown above being sold by Frank's old place I doubt is NOS since the sticker isn't trimmed correctly. Here's my 66 Satellite that has it placed on back.

Ron

66Satellite80.JPG

My 66 has the original sticker in the right lower corner of the rear window. The PO added another larger sticker on the left side.

IMG_20201129_183121.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back