• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All Created Equal ??

Joe Mopar

Local time
6:30 AM
Reaction score
What I'm talking about here is the weather striping that goes around the doors ( windlace ) I think known as.

Is this product just made buy one manufacturer and distributed to all the vendors that carry it, or are there different manufacturers?

The ones I have on my car really suck balls. You really have to slam the doors for them to latch. I know there are adjustments for the latch but they seem to be where they need to be when closed.

So the question is ............Are there different choices out there or are they all the same?

I'll post a pic. so you can see what I'm talking bout.

Hey Zack have you installed yours yet? If so how are the doors to shut?

Thanks,

Joe

DoorProblems001.jpg

You must be talking about the rubber door seals. Windlace is the decorative fabric trim that is shown between the door panels. On my 66 F250 you couldn't close the door with a 20 ton press! I finally had to grind the rubber in spots until it fit. I believe there is more than one manufacturer for seals. Metro is one and the brand I had trouble with on my Ford was Precision. Steele Rubber Products I heard is good but haven't tried them.

You must be talking about the rubber door seals. Windlace is the decorative fabric trim that is shown between the door panels. On my 66 F250 you couldn't close the door with a 20 ton press! I finally had to grind the rubber in spots until it fit. I believe there is more than one manufacturer for seals. Metro is one and the brand I had trouble with on my Ford was Precision. Steele Rubber Products I heard is good but haven't tried them.

The rubber seal and windlace are connected. I will look at the Steele Rubber products.

Thanks,
Joe

Joe, haven't purchased those yet, been fighting the ac and losing so far, friggin' leaks!!

THEY are all bought from steele and distributed throughout the mopar industry from different vendors. what you are experiencing is normal and will get better over time. they need to soften up some. i have the same problem also. you got to slam the door otherwise your door doesnt close all the way.

Attachments

• INTERIOR%2065%20HEMI%20BELVEDERE%20014.JPG
    INTERIOR%2065%20HEMI%20BELVEDERE%20014.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 184
Joe did you see those you asked for via email? Is your windlace pressed all the way on the pinch weld? Check how mine is tucked under the door panel and the metal post trim and compare to yours. If it sticks out too far it will interfere with the door.

They do take time to break in like SSR says.

Attachments

• IMG_4935.jpg
    IMG_4935.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 147
Auto Transport Service
Back