• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All the stores in my area are our of Hot Wheels cars!

10692ACC-0F5C-4DE4-8FAD-79F1ACBD07A8.jpeg
Interest in die cast is dropping. The kids today don’t care.
I run these prize machines at some bowling alley’s and pizza parlors. I used to to buy hot wheels at the dollar stores and vend them as prizes. They are always the last things to go.
Today’s kid isn’t interested in hot wheels that much

I buy hot wheels for my grand kids. I noticed Target only had multi packs

China needs to increase production!

hardly notice....if they do have a car I'd buy...they all have weird graphics and Donk wheels.
this.
even if you can find a normal casting,that actually looks like a car.
they used to have some great cars and decal/paint schemes,now its all fake made up goofy carp.
if they do make a nice car,they stick a Hefty price on it,usually 3-5 bucks in a fancy package.

also true that kids arent interested in tiny cars anymore,they play videogames now.
if they get any kind of cars,its radio controlled stuff.
not that its a bad thing,im seeing a lot of father and sons getting kits to learn on.
the local hobby shop sells more rc stuff than any other item,and thats what keeps it afloat.

i am also seeing a Huge rise in plastic models being sold and the kids/now grownups from the 80-s have started collecting models too.
big scale diecast 1-1/16th and plastic models of the 70-s 80-s and 90-s are coming Up.
for example,i bought 2 69 charger models for 30 bucks,and they want 86 bucks for a 79 camaro model...
funny how the market is in models.

heres some of the smaller diecast i keep on the shelf for display.
always fun to have someone over and they start talking about they had this car,that car,the real version,and how we all drove the snot out of them back then too.

IMG_4797.JPG

IMG_4798.JPG

IMG_4799.JPG

IMG_4801.JPG

:BangHead::mad::wtf: Drives me crazy.

Seems like no matter how much you've accomplished in your life, you always feel like there's more you could have or wanted to do and did'nt get to for whatever reason. I'm pretty sure this feeling is gonna hit the millennials and the younger ones harder and harder as they age.

All three of my grand kids love to race Hot Wheels. We take turns picking cars one at a time. Then we have elimination drag races, we can spend a couple hours doing that. Then we will set up and oval track with 2 power chargers, one one each straight away. We can spend hours with them.

All three of my grand kids love to race Hot Wheels.

We can spend hours with them.

I can remember coming home from work one day and my wife had helped my three year old son set up the Hot Wheels track from the top of the stairs, down to the landing where it made a seriously banked 90 degree turn then down the remaining stairs across the carpet and onto the tile floor in the dining/kitchen area. He had each car at terminal velocity by the time they hit the tile floor!! That was 17 years ago.... I would bet my bottom dollar that if you ask him about it to this day, he would still remember how much fun they had that day. :thumbsup:

I can remember coming home from work one day and my wife had helped my three year old son set up the Hot Wheels track from the top of the stairs, down to the landing where it made a seriously banked 90 degree turn then down the remaining stairs across the carpet and onto the tile floor in the dining/kitchen area. He had each car at terminal velocity by the time they hit the tile floor!! That was 17 years ago.... I would bet my bottom dollar that if you ask him about it to this day, he would still remember how much fun they had that day. :thumbsup:
I remember playing with them for hours when I was young. I also remember how pissed dad would be if he stepped on one that I forgot on the stairs!

My son is an avid collector, so I don't think there is a lack of interest, particularly among the real young kids. A surprisingly large number of adults collect these things as well. Definitely noticed a lack of supply over the last 4-5 months. And what you can find has usually been went through by the resellers. As a note, the bulk of the Hot Wheels we see in North America are manufactured in Malaysia, not China.

Remember the shell gas station giveaways in the early 70sView attachment 1241385View attachment 1241386
yes,in fact when i sold out of my redlines,those Shell cars made the most money,i literally bought Real cars with the loot from those.
they all had special paint colors and were Super hard to find in mint condition.
a lot of redline guys dont even know about or have Shell cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back