• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All the work was worth it. First race of the season GLSSA opener results

dvw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:50 AM
Reaction score
After all the thrash in the past two weeks, my son and I headed to the season opener at Mid Michigan Motorplex for the Great Lakes Stock Super Stock series. Saturday on the first qualifier my son Scotts car developed a loud banging. oil pressure was good. We looked it over after towing back. Pulled the valve covers checked everything we could see, found nothing. Decieded to try and start it. Sputtered a couple times but didn't fire. Pulled the cap to check rotor phasing. The rotor was broken. Searched the track for a replacement (old tach drive Mopar dist). Fortunately my friend John runs a 64 max wedge and had one. Scott made it to rd 2 and was beaten by .0015. On a better note. Though I wasn't at my best R/T wise still managed to win 6 rds for the victory. Sunday I gave up the stripe in rd 1 thinking it was on a breakout pass. But Scott was on a roll. Went 6 rds for the victory. So after the first 2 races we are #1 and #2 in points. Not often the family sweeps the weekend and walks out with $4k to boot
Doug

Staton win.jpg

scotts win.jpg

double up.jpg

Will you be racing that series all year?
Is that part of NMCA?

Will you be racing that series all year?
Is that part of NMCA?
It is not part of NMCA. I will be racing all the GLSSA races until September. Then comes the issue. GLSSA, NMCA, Mopar race at Norwalk. All on the same weekend. NMCA has kind of worn on me. Most times they only race once per weekend. Entry is $175, payout $1000. From GLSSA we each left with $2100, 5 gallons of VP C-12
and a bottle of Champagne. $140 entry. GLSSA, Buckeye Stock Super Stock, NSS bash, Milan Stock Super Stock all are closer tow as well.
Doug

GLSSA sounds like a good program. That’s a nice payout, great to have two races per weekend.

UMTR North has gone to two races per weekend this year, seems like a good change. A lot less towing. They also have better purses than the average bracket event due to multiple sponsors.

That's an awesome day :) I saw scotts car recently... can't believe how clean that thing is.

Good work Doug!! Building, racing, parenting, the whole shebang!
And making money!!

Congrats, a great family outing :thumbsup:

Great to see this. You’re always helpful with opinion and information on this forum so very glad the event went so well for you both. Well deserved!

Congratulations, guys! All your hard work paid off. Nice start to your season.

Auto Transport Service
Back