• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Almost lost my shop today!

20170625_161117.jpg

I got it fixed on Saturday.
I wasn't able to find any matching tin. The double-rib aluminum that is currently on the shop ceiling was some hail damaged stuff that a construction company threw away in 1983.
In my siding collection I was able to find some brown double rub steel. But the ribs don't quite line up. Hardly noticeable. While it's s slight eyes sore you have to look straight up to notice it.
The alternative would be to retain the whole interior. NOT HAPPENING
Also did away with all Romex that ran lighting or went into attic.
Everything is piped with the exception of a few outlets.
They will be piped this winter, along with a new breaker panel.

damn Bee, between this and the PETA idiots you have had a helluva month!!!

glad y'all are ok and the bldg is fixed.

These are small inconveniences compared to my biggest task....
Finding a vehicle for my woman!
She's very stubborn, and totally ignorant to how money works.
:BangHead::BangHead::steering::eek:

Nice work, now you'll sleep a bit better.

damn Bee, between this and the PETA idiots you have had a helluva month!!!

glad y'all are ok and the bldg is fixed.
20170629_172203.jpg

Hopefully now it's done. Center of picture is a funnel cloud. Was much bigger took me a few minutes to get camera. It came out of the cloud and went back in 2 or 3 times, almost touched ground!
Wouldn't that just be the shits, dodge a fire and lose it a week later to a tornado.
Some funky weather all day. Periods of heavy downpours, then stillness with sweltering heat. Then cool off 15° and another downpour.
20170629_165408.jpg

I just noticed,, is that a UFO? Just above center wind turbine. Lol

That was earlier. It's a monsoon again

I would assume you pay for their services. It's only fair to the taxpayer.

They are 5 miles away and it took 45 minutes. 30 of the minutes were spent arguing with the 911 dispatcher and getting transferred and transferred back.
Until she finally just hung up on us. I finally just called the somebody who had the fire chiefs cell phone number. We had the fire out when they got here but still they made sure of it.

Next time if there is trouble I will just call:
A.- the fire chief directly. (Who is also an AMR) or
B.- the Sheriffs Office.

Depending on the nature of the emergency

911 in my area is very inept. We live right on the border between two counties and to fire stations jurisdictions. They (dispatch) continually punt back and forth. Although this time the FD was livid over the lack of Cooperation on the part of the dispatch. I think there will be a policy change.
I would hope there would be a policy change as someones life may depend on it. That 911 dispatcher needs to be fired from there job for hanging up on you, no excuses. I pay city taxes, were you live and i live are opposite worlds but we have NYFD which is one of the countries if not worlds most experienced emergency service. This is not sixty years ago and you deserve better than a 45 minute wait and arguing with some moron while your building is burning. I hope local officials can straighten this out for the sake of the people that live there

I would hope there would be a policy change as someones life may depend on it. That 911 dispatcher needs to be fired from there job for hanging up on you, no excuses. I pay city taxes, were you live and i live are opposite worlds but we have NYFD which is one of the countries if not worlds most experienced emergency service. This is not sixty years ago and you deserve better than a 45 minute wait and arguing with some moron while your building is burning. I hope local officials can straighten this out for the sake of the people that live there
I've spoke with the sheriff of both counties. They both agree and are looking into it. I won't just their balls any further but they do realize that their jobs may be on the line if somebody dies.
The shirt answer is simply to call my Sheriff, and they each agree.

If it had been a bad fire, we would have lost the shop. If it had been an emergency, there would be funerals.

Thats what bothers me, if it was a emergency and you had to argue with some idiot about which emergency responder was to be called. Im gald you guys are ok and damage was repairable

Auto Transport Service
Back