• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(Almost) Runner 440 Advice

Absolutely! Say something like: "It'll probably need to be bored 60 over to get rid of that and then It'll need new pistons and then the walls might be too thin - I dunno, maybe I should keep looking for a better block that doesn't need all that"
When people come over and say that kind of stupid stuff they are gone on 6 seconds! GTFO! Were done.

Absolutely! Say something like: "It'll probably need to be bored 60 over to get rid of that and then It'll need new pistons and then the walls might be too thin - I dunno, maybe I should keep looking for a better block that doesn't need all that"

I like the tactics! The worst they can say is no like someone said earlier...

When people come over and say that kind of stupid stuff they are gone on 6 seconds! GTFO! Were done.

I can also see your side of things. I respect it. From a seller's POV, things might be different.

Most of us have been on both sides of a deal. If you're the type of guy who doesn't understand the game and takes offense at something like this then you shouldn't sell stuff.

When someone comes to look at something and starts ****-talking it and that ****-talking isn’t completely based in fact I’d be done talking with them pretty quickly.

Well, it's hard to see in your pics, but my old eye balls tell me that looks like a steel crank. That chip shouldn't be a problem. Measure bore & taper on ALL cylinders, that will let you know if a hone or a bore is needed. Price mentioned in posts are in the ballpark. As far as those heads, me, I'd just get aluminum heads.

Most of us have been on both sides of a deal. If you're the type of guy who doesn't understand the game and takes offense at something like this then you shouldn't sell stuff.
It’s a waste of time, don’t try to bullshit me. I’m not a game player. I know it’s used and needs work, and so did the buyer before he showed up.

That gas monkey crap don’t work so try a New angle.

It’s a waste of time, don’t try to bullshit me. I’m not a game player. I know it’s used and needs work, and so did the buyer before he showed up.

That gas monkey crap don’t work so try a New angle.

It works both ways ... when vendors are ******** I just keep walking. The money's in MY pocket, you want it - humor me !!

Well, it's hard to see in your pics, but my old eye balls tell me that looks like a steel crank. That chip shouldn't be a problem. Measure bore & taper on ALL cylinders, that will let you know if a hone or a bore is needed. Price mentioned in posts are in the ballpark. As far as those heads, me, I'd just get aluminum heads.

Thanks for reply! Also, good steps to follow when looking at purchasing a motor. I appreciate it.

It works both ways ... when vendors are ******** I just keep walking. The money's in MY pocket, you want it - humor me !!
Using your thought process then you aren’t a serious buyer if you are walking away.
How’s that feel?

dealing with idiots isn’t any fun on either side of the deal.

How’s that feel?

131485161_1305812359756519_1606289518451928899_n.jpg

I’m not trying to hurt your feelings, is that your game? I’d like you to go away.

I’m not competing with your stupid attitude. You can keep your money, when it comes with your attitude I don’t need it. It’s still a free country for a little bit longer so have a great time.

Auto Transport Service
Back