• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alterkation / Street Lynx

Wijns07

Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score
I am very close to pulling the trigger on the Alterkation Front Suspension Kit and the Street Lynx Four Link for the rear of my 1969 Road Runner. It's a 440 / 4 Speed / Console Car.

I've done a lot of searching on here to try and narrow down my selections.

I anticipate that I will be installing a chassis stiffening kit to try and add some more strength to the body.

I am however worried about the reported damage that coil-overs can cause to the uni-bodies of our cars.

It looks to me like the Alterkation and Street Lynx take the stress off the uni-bodies..but I would rather hear from somebody who has experience with either one of these set ups?

We have a great shop..so I'm not too worried about the install. I just don't want to screw up my car.

Here is a shop picture taken last week of Caleb (DART) racing his father Bill (ROADRUNNER) and setting the record in the D/Stock Eliminator.

bothcars_zps6996d1de.jpg

I had an Alterkation in the front of my 65 Valiant drag car. It was a great piece. Did everything I needed it to do. No problems, great service, well made.

On another note, why didn't they take the dart to the US nationals and win class? Class win at Indy is better than a record.... my uncle, cousin and I won class at indy in 2000 and qualified #1 it was awesome. But hey not taking anything away, that is one bad *** dart! And being the quickest in the country is just plain proof that they are smart racers who have worked hard!!

I have the AlterKation front end under my 69 Road Runner. It does what I wanted it to do, but my car is a street/strip car. I was after header/oil pan clearance, and some weight off the nose of the car. As for the coil over shock placing loads on areas of the car not designed to take them, some of these front end kits do that. When I was shopping around that was a big concern of mine, and the main reason I went with that front end instead of the one from MF. I think it would be wise to install the stiffener kit with it, and can't imagine you would have any structural issues down the road.

Good luck,

Mark

I have magnumforce front end and magnumforce pro link rear 4 link, they recommend installing their struts to brace the upper fron shock mounts. i drove the car for a year without them as they only recommend it and is not necessarily needed. alot of people whinge about it but there has never been any reported failures with the magnumforce unit, just a few months ago i made up some brackets that i welded to the frton frame rails that went up to the front shock mounts to strenghten this area to be safe all is good.

I prefer the magnumforce unit as it is fully TIG welded chromoly, same material that top fuel drag cars use, and i do not like the look of the alterkation unit as it is just ordinary box tube, myself being a engineer/boilermaker, i bwelieve i made the right choice even though there has been no reported failures with the alterkation. plus the magnumforce has triple the amount of adjustability, fully heim joint ends so no rubber, makes a nice firm ride.

I am very close to pulling the trigger on the Alterkation Front Suspension Kit and the Street Lynx Four Link for the rear of my 1969 Road Runner. It's a 440 / 4 Speed / Console Car.

I've done a lot of searching on here to try and narrow down my selections.

I anticipate that I will be installing a chassis stiffening kit to try and add some more strength to the body.

I am however worried about the reported damage that coil-overs can cause to the uni-bodies of our cars.

It looks to me like the Alterkation and Street Lynx take the stress off the uni-bodies..but I would rather hear from somebody who has experience with either one of these set ups?

We have a great shop..so I'm not too worried about the install. I just don't want to screw up my car.

Here is a shop picture taken last week of Caleb (DART) racing his father Bill (ROADRUNNER) and setting the record in the D/Stock Eliminator.

bothcars_zps6996d1de.jpg

Apparently, these are pro touring cars.........

alterkation and magnumforce, IMO are more suited for pro touring than drag racing, but can still be used well in both sections. Pro touring is a car that can be driven hard on the street, taken to the circuits or autox then taken down the strip.

Exactly the opposite in my opinion. These front ends are more drag race style kits. I'd use beefed up stock style parts and fast steering for street type use.

i have one and have done road racing events with it and with stock style, i will never go back to stock style over the magnumforce unit, i have so much adjustability and 0 flex, my car turns on a dime and has 0 body roll, no comparison to stock

I just bought a QA1 k frame, lower control arms and their adjustable strut rods and then ordered Firm Feel's upper control arms for my 69' Dart. Quality pieces all around and cant wait to get the car back together to really test it. Also got a set of US Car Tool subframe connectors as well.

I got the alteration on mine. It is absoulutly perfect. It fit perfect. No more body roll I got the shocks set. Took it up to 105mph in sixth gear and it was handling an riding awesome. Alterktion is it.

Exactly the opposite in my opinion. These front ends are more drag race style kits. I'd use beefed up stock style parts and fast steering for street type use.

I'm not sure that I agree with that. The Alterkation is a more modern day set up in both suspension and steering.

A lot of alterkation people in here so I hope for an answer - how good fitment does the front alterkation kits have - and how much do I have to add to it to make it a complete kit? What about power steering - convert the manual steering to power steering.

I saw prices of $4500 w/ motor mounts...a lil steep for my pockets

I couldn't be happier with mine. Install for the alterkation was a straight forward and fit was spot on. Get the power rack with the kit. Comes with hoses to fit up the the ps pump.

Rear is a bit more work though. You will need someone with some welding skills.

What needs to be welded in the rear? I know my way around with a TIG-welder and even though the results hold well they're not for anyones eyes if you know what I mean...

4 tabs onto the rear end and the upper bar onto the rear of the car. Across where the bump stops are located. Not a big deal if you are comfortable with that. Oh, if you are running Dana 60 there is a bit of work to get the pipes to exit out the back.

https://www.reillymotorsports.com/store/Streetlynx.pdf

https://www.reillymotorsports.com/store/installation_manual.pdf

Have you looked up the manuals. The instructions are pretty bang on and easy to follow. There is also a few vids on installing on his site.

Auto Transport Service
Back