• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alternator spacer material?

Vincent Holt

Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score
I'm missing a spacer for my alternator bracket. It goes between the Cyl.head and Alt. I would much rather make one vs buying an entire kit. Which type of piping is made from? I tried looking around at all the hardware stores. Nothing with a 3/8" inner diameter hole. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have a Menards near me. I live in Delaware. I'll keep searching Thank you
You dont have a lowes, home depot? Order them. Junk yard. By the time you drive to find what you want you could of had a kit delivered.

Depending on the spacer length, washers work just fine !!

Im aware of the easy fix stuff. I was even going to drill out 3/8"...1/4 drive deep socket. Just wanted it to look close to factory. On my lunch break, I found some similar pipe at this awning place around the corner from my work. It's the stuff they use for framing. I'm going to give this a shot. Thanks for everyone's help.

I have these alternator spacers. Let me know.

image.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back