• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aluminum cylinder heads.

I am getting Trick Flow 270s. I was going to use the standard port 240s, but once I decided to use an aluminum Bill Mitchell Products block, which led to a 541 displacement choice, it would not make sense to use 240s, thus the 270s.
I am going to see if my builder or Wilson can open up the intake ports on my Weiand P3690982 6bbl intake to Max Wedge port size to match, otherwise I'll have to use the Indy ModMan intake w/Max Wedge ports and/6bbl top. I am running a 6bbl, so those are my best single plane 6bbl intake options.

Your Weiand manifold will very likely need need welding to fit the TF270's I bet. But that sure can be done. The ModMan is another option. But you already have the Weieand which is a really cool manifold.

Your Weiand manifold will very likely need need welding to fit the TF270's I bet. But that sure can be done. The ModMan is another option. But you already have the Weieand which is a really cool manifold.
Yes, that is my understanding regarding the Weiand, and I hope to have had it on my 440 for a while and have tried it out before I need to choose what intake the stroker will use. The ModMan would surely be "easier" to use, and it may even fit under my N96 hood whereas there's no way the Weiand intake fits, but the Weiand looks so good and the ModMan is a hideous aluminum shoebox.

I use the basic Indy EZ heads on my pump gas street car. When I built this eng back in 2011 there was no Trick Flow so that was not an option for me. I am very happy with the EZ heads I use and if I built the eng today of course I would look at the Trick Flow also as they seem to be very good heads also. Ron

I'm running Edelbrock RPM heads, no problems. My machinist told me Edie's might not be the best in flow comparison but are close to the best in quality and reliability, they perform well out of the box and very seldom need any work done to run other than if you want to port match.

Auto Transport Service
Back