• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aluminum front end - Lettering Ideas wanted...

Years ago my wife came up with "recycled aluminum" for my 63 Plymouth. Another good one is "tender fender"
IMG_0195.JPG

Maybe its just me but i wouldn't put anything on that car...

I agree. I have NEVER seen anyone leaning on someone else's car. Especially at car shows. Maybe the reminder is for you, I don't know. Even if someone did lean on it..... how big would a person have to be to cause damage???

I agree. I have NEVER seen anyone leaning on someone else's car. Especially at car shows. Maybe the reminder is for you, I don't know. Even if someone did lean on it..... how big would a person have to be to cause damage???
It doesn't take much pressure to dent aluminum or even poke inside dimples into it by knocking on it with your knuckles. Some cross areas of these fenders and even their steel counterparts have weaknesses to them because of the lack of supporting braces or strengthening ribs/folds.
I know this because of what I have on my own car. For my own peace of mind during adjusting valves and or general maintenance under the hood, I am in the process of building a wooden over hanging bridge support for my upper torso's/body weights pressure and thus keep it floating above the gentle fenders.

I had some teenage girls leaning on mine in the staging lanes one night. Another time a 350 lbs. assclown was leaning on the rear quarter of my 'Cuda.

I have seen 2 people over the years tap on my 63 Plymouth fenders...who knows how many did the same thing when I wasn't around.

I have seen 2 people over the years tap on my 63 Plymouth fenders...who knows how many did the same thing when I wasn't around.
It's almost like taunting the tiger with signs sometimes. In some cases, reading is not enough to believe and some people will still be curious enough to tap or knock on something that is designated as fragile. It's almost like they want to hear the difference of acoustics between steel and aluminum. LOL.
In either case, your car is a real deal and beautiful at that, so just put up the signs in which ever form and language you read fit and hopefully people will have the common sense to respect your wishes.

thanks guys. if anyone has any pictures of actual lettering on super stock cars, i would really appreciate it.. trying to find a writing style as well.
Check out a thread called "Super stock a/fx match race photos" on the h.a.m.b. forum

Auto Transport Service
Back