• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aluminum radiators and the elusive 1963 dodge 330, 440 and Polara....

For what its worth.....
Since I didn't give a crap about originality on my slant six to 440 swapped 62, I cut the core support open and installed a high efficiency bb Cordoba 28"(or is it 26? have to go out to measure)radiator along with the Cordoba shroud. A few mods here and there, flex fan behind, transcooler inside the shroud, auxiliary electric pusher to cool between rounds. Cools a 500hp 440 very well. Used all stock mount holes on one side, drilled what I needed on the other.
WoW!
Thanks 33 IMP!
Great data...sounds like it is doing the job with ease!

Re: cap too high:
I know in my instance of fitting the "exact fit" Griffin in my '68, that was also going to be an issue....
Until I decided to exactly center the radiator on the centerline of the water pump/fan, that is.
That solved a lot of issues (including being able to use a factory shroud, for example), including
the cap being at a proper level once new mounting holes were established.

The additional challenge for me was putting a 26" radiator where a 22" was without replacing the
right side support sheetmetal. Turned out, there were holes available on the drivers' side in perfect
spots and I only had to drill some on the passenger side support.
I then cut away the perfect amount of passenger side support to match the radiator fin area.
Looks like it belongs there now. :)
Thank you Ed!

I just thought of something...... on that "higher neck" radiator cap spout, have it cut down and re welded to size/fit by an aluminum welder.
Yeah, sounds like a great idea...quick mod from a good TIG welder...

I put an aluminum radiator in my 63 Dodge but it wasn't looking as original if that's what you need. I drilled a few holes and made it work. It was expensive I seem to remember about five bills. I also have to make my own shroud although I could probably get by without it but I prefer to have one. Let me know if I can help you by getting you the measurements and the name of the company I bought through I'm in the hospital right now I don't recall the measurements for the vendor. Good luck with your 63 it was a good year. By the way what's under the hood?
Get home soon...this one has the 318 but the other one has the Dale Reed built 440 as a Maxie...

Auto Transport Service
Back