• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alzheimer's A Horrible disease

BTW, the newest news is that they think they now know the cause of alzheimer disease. Something in teeth.

They think it's caused by the silver that they used for fillings. Dad had Dementia, all I'll say is what a fucked up disease to have to deal with!

They think it's caused by the silver that they used for fillings. Dad had Dementia, all I'll say is what a fucked up disease to have to deal with!
I find that to be crap. Dad never had any fillings. It could be in some cases but not all.

Next thing you know someone will do a study ihat concludes our wedding rings cause cancer. Actually, last October I took mine off, I feel safer already.

very sad to watch that video, I cried like a baby. we can put a man on the moon but we can't find a cure.

My worst nightmare also, just read a case where the mother stopped swallowing .. then what does one do after that?
A feeding tube for liquid nutrients. Maybe time for a family discussion as to the way ahead if it hasn't already been done.

If it works it works. If it doesnt it doesnt. With those words I will add this:
Im not going to take anything Imprimis says as gospel anymore than Im going to take Washington Post as gospel.

Ive heard plenty of positive things about Cannabinoids and treatment of neurological ailments. From doctors from patients. Not necessarily all of them are THC either. Many parents in Iowa drive to Colorado to get the oils.At the risk of felony charges.

Point being I will take the word of patients before I take the word of a politically motivated Newspaper. And Yes I recieve Imprimis, agree with some of it, at the end of the day though its a printed paper intended to shape opinion. While the only opinion the patients have is to relieve symptoms.
Okey dokey, sounds good.

I find that to be crap. Dad never had any fillings. It could be in some cases but not all.
Well my Dad had a mouth full of silver and he got Dementia. So your entitled to your crap, and I'm entitled to mine!

Well my Dad had a mouth full of silver and he got Dementia. So your entitled to your crap, and I'm entitled to mine!
Dementia is not uncommon given the extended ages we live to these days. We literally are outliving our body's ability to support us in some respects...I think.

my mom started showing signs of dementia at 70, by the time she was 75 had died from alzheimers. her last days were heartbreaking. just a withered shell of what she was. been three years now. living like that is not living, its torture.

very sad to watch that video, I cried like a baby. we can put a man on the moon but we can't find a cure.
So True Mopower871, my wife showed me the video and I cried as well, what a touching song with beautiful lyrics and deep meaning, if any of you dudes haven't played that video I posted, check it out, this guy wrote this song to his mamma who is suffering from this disease.

if any of you dudes haven't played that video I posted, check it out, this guy wrote this song to his mamma who is suffering from this disease.

It's bad enough that it's going to snow all day today, I don't need to watch a tear jerker!

It is a horrible disease my mom passed away from it finally 2 years ago . Finally meaning not to be morbid but she really was vegetative and had lost all functions of her own other than breathing .
She had noticed signs when she was around 70 and one day after watering my father with a kettle said she needed care and our dad couldn't take care of her anymore . She was a smart lady a debutant when young and worked for the Australian prime minister as his executive assistant , ran my dads business as well financially .Sorry for the long post it was 12 years after being placed in care she carried on it was extremely hard to see her like that and it was a blessing to the family and her when she passed .
Miss her terribly still .
To all the others take care of yourselves and work through it , be strong .

Do any of you recall the first signs something wasn't right with your loved one? I know we all forget as we age but are there any other personality changes?

Thank you and God bless the ones that we've lost to this terrible disease.

Do any of you recall the first signs something wasn't right with your loved one? I know we all forget as we age but are there any other personality changes?

Go talk to your doctor.

I don't often write long messages here, so I will be as brief as possible because this topic is bigger than all of us as it touch's so many lives of the sufferers and the loved ones left to experience it.
My experience and understanding with losing a parent to this was aided by experts as we weekly attended class's to help us help my mother with this before we lost her to this 3 years ago.
What we learned was that the onset has so many complexions from verbal changes, memory changes, personality (anger or laughter) to physical changes in posture to walking gait.
For my mom the first sign was memory, she began to forget my sons name, and would laugh it off as, "you know, the big guy that takes my garbage out". it then progressed into thinking she could cook Eggo's in the coffee pot (I have pictures), again she would laugh it off.

She was a wonderful caring god fearing woman that was reduced to fragility of mind and body. We watched as over 2 years she was no longer remembering my dad and her marriage of 52 years, her grandchildren, us siblings, and what year it was, and to her, the president was Harry Trumann.
She was a Rosie the Riveter during WW2 making machine guns at Kelsey Hayes near Detroit, she could remember how much she made an hour in 1943, but not anything recent as an hour ago, nor was she able to feed herself any longer. Her doctor told us we could not care for her in our home any longer and she need to be in specialized care (it was an outstanding nursing home)

Here's the most important part I want to let people know that may be starting to experience this disease in a loved one. A Nurse specializing in Alzheimer's care at the Nursing facility worked hard at making us understand that my mom was "still in there" and proceeded to ask us questions about moms younger days and the moments that meant the most to her, I told the Nurse that she used to play piano by ear for her family, but had not done that for nearly 45 years, and that she was raised by her aunts, and was and urged/forced to play at family gatherings when she was a child, they would prompt her by saying "Beverly, make the music"

The Nurse wheeled my mom to the lobby of the care center where there was an old spinet piano, put her on the bench and asked her to play, she put her head down and said NO!, the Nurse then said, "Beverly, make the music", its aunt Carol talking to you! My mom pulled up the key cover, looked down at her feet and placed them on the pedals, and then said, "do you want to swing and sway with Sammy Kaye, or do you want Boogie?"
She started the Boogie Woogie stuff expertly for about 3 minutes as others began to wheel into the lobby, when she saw the crowd, she stopped and told them all to go home. She was done.

The nursed hugged her as we did, and then told us again, "these people are still in there, don't ever think they totally left us"

I'm sorry! I lost both my parents a little while ago, and am comforted in the words my mom said before she left. She said she was ready for that greatest vacation she had been looking forward to.

BTW, the newest news is that they think they now know the cause of alzheimer disease. Something in teeth.
Interesting

:luvplace:

Auto Transport Service
Back