• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am i getting scammed?

mouserider

Local time
2:39 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys, im not from us, so i dont know general us scam red flags, so will appreciate if you can help me out.
Long story short, i was looking for 2nd hand tunnel ram for my 383 charger, and i posted request on FB group, one of the members sent me to this guy Howelle's Automative Shop | Lubbock TX , which looks quite solid and trustworthy, anyway he gave 2 options (with photos) for the intake offy and weiland, i agreed on weiland, we agreed on price and delivery, i paid him via paypal (for both item and shipping)

Then he gave me tracking info for unknown (for me) shipping company SP07768828-Tracker , company SPEED LINK TRACKER – My WordPress Blog
after few days, someone from that shipping company contacted me on the whatsapp and email and said this

Dear Valued Client, Your package is on hold at the SHIPPING distribution centerand will be readily available for delivery to thestated delivery address respectively.…. Oncethe above mentioned concern is sorted out.We apologize for anyinconveniences so far regarding your packagewhich as of now needs a restricted stamp( Insurance seal ) to be delivered to you on thespecified delivery date. This is the reason whyyour package has been put on a temporaryhold;Prior to delivery, it is required of you toprovide a fee of $185 for the "RestrictedStamp/Seal of your package to avoid customcheck, interception and compliance todelivery law a VIP transit. This fee will be100% refunded to you upon successfuldelivery.Out of the $255 that you will pay for theDiplomatic seal of your package, a total of $240 will be refunded to you in via cashupon delivery of the package at the receiver'shome address: 13820 NE Airport WaySuite #K347135Portland, OR97251-1158With a $15 fee deducted for documentationand registration. The refund will be creditedto the account of your choice only uponverification of delivery.Your package is on hold now once payment isconfirm we shall proceed with the delivery ofyour package to your home addressPAYMENT METHODZellePayPal Cash app Bitcoinhttps://speedlinktracker.com
Basically they want me to send them 255 and they will refund 240 back when its delivered

for the paypal they gave me [email protected] and asked to send payment as friends and family

For me it does look really worrying, shipping company wants more money for some unknown reason (its jsut domestic delivery within us) and promise refund money back and giving me some personal paypal and asking to send as friends and family.

On another hand i cant really believe that seller would create such a difficult scam scheme.

Please advise, mb its just standart practices for B2b shipments.

Where are all these dumbasses when I’m trying to sell something?

When you paid for it through PayPal, how did you pay? I hope it wasn’t friends and family.
seller looks extremely solid Howelle's Automative Shop | Lubbock TX
bunch of mopar parts with videos and photos. if he would be a scammer facebook would shut him down within a week after first report
plus he got recommended by another person in the group.

hah, lol, if i got scammed, then it was done quite nicely, hats off

seller looks extremely solid Howelle's Automative Shop | Lubbock TX
bunch of mopar parts with videos and photos. if he would be a scammer facebook would shut him down within a week after first report
plus he got recommended by another person in the group.

hah, lol, if i got scammed, then it was done quite nicely, hats off
You don’t spell automotive with two A’s. You’ve been scammed nicely from Nigerian prince.

You don’t spell automotive with two A’s. You’ve been scammed nicely from Nigerian prince.
anyway hats off, look at that profile, seems like they know what they are doing, i can only imagine how many got scammed, he has 100s of posts with bunch of parts and pcitures and videos looks legit. Also they created a fake shipping website and etc. Anyway nicely done. im nor really worrying will just do a chargeback at my bank.

Im mostly sad since i wont get my TR apparently and will habve to keep looking.

This is going to be controversial, but it seems like most of these scams begin with a WTB ad.

What do you guys think of dis-allowing them?

anyway hats off, look at that profile, seems like they know what they are doing, i can only imagine how many got scammed, he has 100s of posts with bunch of parts and pcitures and videos looks legit. Also they created a fake shipping website and etc. Anyway nicely done. im nor really worrying will just do a chargeback at my bank.

Im mostly sad since i wont get my TR apparently and will habve to keep looking.
Many times the scam is to use a copy of a legit companies web sight / home page and item for sale but with a different web address.
Then comes the shipping scam also its a double hit. If they would have got you to fall for it.
Glad you caught it and can do a charge back on your card.

Look up Howelle's Automative in Lubbock Texas on Google.
You won't get any hits because they don't exist.
Scumbags everywhere unfortunately.

...and the sad part is even though the victim can and usually does get their money back (unless of course they used f&f), the scammer still gets their money because the banks won't pursue them because it costs more than just giving them the money.

.....and WE pay for it.

This is going to be controversial, but it seems like most of these scams begin with a WTB ad.

What do you guys think of dis-allowing them?
Not necessary here (yet) The Op above got his info through a Facebook site. Good thing it wasn't through here. We do have scammers and spammers that sneak through the fence here but we do a good job getting rid of them. If something looks fishy here, just hit the report button.

Last edited:
Not necessary here (yet) The Op above got his info through a Facebook site. Good thing it wasn't through here. We di have scammers and spammers that sneak through the fence here but we do a good job getting rid of them. If something looks fishy here, just hit the report button.
Ok I saw that he had a WTB ad on here.

Auto Transport Service
Back