• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am i getting scammed?

...and the sad part is even though the victim can and usually does get their money back (unless of course they used f&f), the scammer still gets their money because the banks won't pursue them because it costs more than just giving them the money.

.....and WE pay for it.
thats not the case to be honest, i used to own an online shop, and i kid you not , buyers was initiating chargebacks via their bank at least 5-10 times a month, and US banks was taking customer's side in 100% of cases even though we was filling all required evidences including actual photo of the package delivered. So we were loosing item+shipping cost+bank penalty fee.

Bank never looses money

I would contact the Howells automotive. It looks like a guy selling parts himself. Doesnt really look like a business. He has his Gmail listed, contact him. The only red flag I see is usually on fb marketplace it has items sold and I don't see any? Unless I just didn't find it.
The shipping company looks strange. I would ask them the costs to NOT use Friends and family. See what they say. Having some protection their seems like any extra cost would be worth it. Pay customs if you have too.

looks like a
scam , feels like a scam , must be a scam …. ask all the questions before you buy ! like who do you ship with ? will you accept a postal money order as payment? if a seller can’t answer basic questions there not getting my biz!!!

Hey guys, im not from us, so i dont know general us scam red flags, so will appreciate if you can help me out.
Long story short, i was looking for 2nd hand tunnel ram for my 383 charger, and i posted request on FB group, one of the members sent me to this guy Howelle's Automative Shop | Lubbock TX , which looks quite solid and trustworthy, anyway he gave 2 options (with photos) for the intake offy and weiland, i agreed on weiland, we agreed on price and delivery, i paid him via paypal (for both item and shipping)

Then he gave me tracking info for unknown (for me) shipping company SP07768828-Tracker , company SPEED LINK TRACKER – My WordPress Blog
after few days, someone from that shipping company contacted me on the whatsapp and email and said this

Basically they want me to send them 255 and they will refund 240 back when its delivered

for the paypal they gave me [email protected] and asked to send payment as friends and family

For me it does look really worrying, shipping company wants more money for some unknown reason (its jsut domestic delivery within us) and promise refund money back and giving me some personal paypal and asking to send as friends and family.

On another hand i cant really believe that seller would create such a difficult scam scheme.

Please advise, mb its just standart practices for B2b shipments.
Sorry to dog pile on but after reading what happened the guy might as well replied and said...

Dear Valued Client, I too am a scammer and Your package is on hold at the SHIPPING distribution.....

I can't believe people still fall for this ****. There are many businesses on FACEBOOK that don't exist and have been scamming for months.

Sorry to dog pile on but after reading what happened the guy might as well replied and said...

Dear Valued Client, I too am a scammer and Your package is on hold at the SHIPPING distribution.....

I can't believe people still fall for this ****. There are many businesses on FACEBOOK that don't exist and have been scamming for months.
hah i didnt, thats why im here, i didnt fall for that, but i did fall for the initial selling scam

Cypress california, or the island of Cypres?

(If california, try the Pomona swap meet).

Last edited:
See a phone number anywhere? Nope !
All the items on the FB page have been posted in the last month. So no old history to legitimize the site.

DO NOT send any more money to anybody.
Contact Paypal and report it and try to get a refund.

Here's a tip- if asked to use F&F, simply use regular paypal and add 3%.

If they have a problem with that, they are a scam...or an idiot (whom you may not want to do business with anyway).

...and if you use regular paypal +3% without telling them, and they freak out.....you can get your money back.

For future reference:
Scam 101 is "I haven't got what you want, but my buddy (or brother, or neighbor, or some business) does, you can contact him here......."

Sad to say I knew it was a scam when I read the post title. if you have to ask.....sorry for your loss and I hope paypal helps you.

That's gonna make it tough to get parts!
oh you dont say
302594697_10159163741369037_346230852739393245_n.jpg

from this

photo_2023-10-27_17-00-15.jpg

5 years, tonns of parts from US, luckily its the first time i got scammed.

Nice charger! I can't imagine the cost and difficulty of getting parts.
I'm in Arizona at the moment, and can't find a fitting i need local, that I could get at my california house in five minutes.
Your difficulty must be thousands of times harder.

See a phone number anywhere? Nope !
All the items on the FB page have been posted in the last month. So no old history to legitimize the site.

DO NOT send any more money to anybody.
Contact Paypal and report it and try to get a refund.
If you scroll down, you'll see much more than just the last month. I could scroll down as far as Dec. 6 2022.

speedlinktracker.com is a new site created in September. 99.9% chance it's a scam. Lots of spelling errors and they can't even get the tagline correct. "SPEED LINK TRACKER – My WordPress Blog"

Not that it will make a difference but you could email namecheap below and inform them of the scam. They probably have tons more sites just like this one. They might not care though. They're probably making bank providing services to scammers.

Domain Name: SPEEDLINKTRACKER.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2815336091_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
Registrar URL: Buy a domain name - Register cheap domain names from $0.99 - Namecheap
Updated Date: 2023-09-19T18:45:06Z
Creation Date: 2023-09-19T18:44:56Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2024-09-19T18:44:56Z
Registrar: NameCheap, Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 1068
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.6613102107
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
Name Server: DNS1.NAMECHEAPHOSTING.COM
Name Server: DNS2.NAMECHEAPHOSTING.COM

Auto Transport Service
Back