• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD Sherman Goodmark question

Richie

Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score
Hi everybody:

I just bought a 68 Coronet fender from a Mopar salvage company and I'm note complaining but to me ..It's too nice. So I was wondering what if it's an old AMD fender and it was on a car for only a couple of years. So does anyone know if one those companies even made 68 Coronet fenders at one time? I know you can't get them now if you could at one time.

I don't remember ever seeing a repo 68 Coronet fender available.

I concur with the boys up there ^^^. I don't believe anyone ever made repops for the 68.

Might have been NOS installed when they were still available from Chrysler Corp. My GTX had both fenders, trunk floor, and quarters replaced with this stuff in 1981, and never saw the elements afterwards. If I didn't know the car's history I too would have been scratching my head about reproductions that looked too good. On the other end of the spectrum, my '67 Valiant I drove until 1980 got a new fender late in the game when my sister crashed it.

Last edited:
Don't make fun of my naration... :lol:

No, just your spelling.

1 laff Z.jpg

Clean fender and that is the original hole for the front side marker.. Sounds like you are second guessing that..

No Coronet fenders have ever been reproduced. By any company.
Sherman does not make parts-They are just a retailer.
New Chrysler fenders in those days were often factory defects. Pieces welded together crooked, the outer skin not tightly crimped over the inner structure etc, so look close for issues like those.
Chrysler also made replacement fenders in the mid 70's that had odd differences like a square nut where the original fenders had that odd rosette looking hood adjuster nut.

Hi everybody:

I just bought a 68 Coronet fender from a Mopar salvage company and I'm note complaining but to me ..It's too nice. So I was wondering what if it's an old AMD fender and it was on a car for only a couple of years. So does anyone know if one those companies even made 68 Coronet fenders at one time? I know you can't get them now if you could at one time.
I've never heard of such an animal.

AMD had them for 65's?

Either last year, or earlier this year (2023), AMD actually stated, that they WILL NEVER make 68&69 Coronet fenders.

I'm sure Nig got you good for that and the crate... but that's the real deal !

Auto Transport Service
Back