• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ammeter bypass

Bee383

Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score
I am doing the madelectric ammeter bypass on my 69 bee.only question I have is how to make the splice with the two 10 gauge wires on the firewall side to the fusible link?cant seem to find a crimp connector that I feel is any quality to tie all 3 wires together.thanks for any input.

I would simply do like the factory did and make a solid solder connection and just tape it up good.

yup, agree with rusty, nothing beats a good soldered connection. It is what I did when I've done this before. Look forward to brighter interior dash lights and less electrical headaches!

Mike

I would simply do like the factory did and make a solid solder connection and just tape it up good.

Yup! Solder it up, heat shrink then some electrical tape. Get rid of that terminal connection in the bulkhead connector while you're at it...That's just as much as a matchstick as the Ammeter. I believe MAD has an article on that as well.

I plan on eliminate

I have the larger power wires replaced and spliced together and the wires to the ammeter spliced together,may have to solder a splice together as rusty suggested on the engine side.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back