• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ammeter insulator

slx70

Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone out there no where I can buy an ammeter Insulator for my 1969 Coronet with rally dash? I seen one listed in Canada but would like to get one closer to home. Thanks.

I only found them available at the place in Canada. Price was reasonable but shipping for a dollar part was over $20, and this was last year. I bit the bullet and bought several and some other parts to ease the shipping pain. How many you need? The Ammeter uses 1 inside and 1 outside, the outside is usually good. PM me your needs and I'll mail you what you need.

Last edited:
Wrong "guess" again......the material could be either: bakelite (phenolic resin) or PTFE (poly tetra fluoro ethylene or Teflon) or PVC (Poly Vinal Chloride) or CPVC (Chlorinated PVC), or similar available from several suppliers: McMaster Carr Supply or Fastenall.....in sheet form, cut your own shapes, or washers, etc.
BOB RENTON

Yes, I make them from Bakelite, and believe them to be far superior to the oem stuff ! Easily reproduced !

****, I'm not saying IS masonite, whichever is that material you call masonite. That therm doesn't exist in Spanish. I said I THINK it ( or you call it ) calls like that ? Somebody in the past told me that. I know it breaks just like a hard cardboard material.

There is a diff ( you don't seem to know ) between an opinion or guess against an affirmation. And I clearly didn't post an affirmation.

What obsession about a reply war you get!

****, I'm not saying IS masonite, whichever is that material you call masonite. That therm doesn't exist in Spanish. I said I THINK it ( or you call it ) calls like that ? Somebody in the past told me that. I know it breaks just like a hard cardboard material.

There is a diff ( you don't seem to know ) between an opinion or guess against an affirmation. And I clearly didn't post an affirmation.

What obsession about a reply war you get!
When you are wrong, either in opinion, which is based actuality or first hand knowledge of the subject, or a recommendation, the answer should be corrected. If you do not realize you are incorrect, take the time to ENLIGHTEN yourself or learn your subject before "guessing" or passing on vague or speculative comments or information, without substantiation (as in what "sombody" in the past said). If you did not mean to say masonite, why say it? Masonite is typically a pressed paper or cellulose based product. Just my opinion......
BOB RENTON

Make your own from pcb fiber boards, way stronger.

jn6.jpg

Wrong "guess" again......the material could be either: bakelite (phenolic resin) or PTFE (poly tetra fluoro ethylene or Teflon) or PVC (Poly Vinal Chloride) or CPVC (Chlorinated PVC), or similar available from several suppliers: McMaster Carr Supply or Fastenall.....in sheet form, cut your own shapes, or washers, etc.
BOB RENTON
It's actually spelt 'Vinyl' ....if we are looking for 100% correctness.

Mr Renton, please understand that English is possibly not Nacho's first language....and there will be some discrepancy in explaining things at times. :)

Not just my opinion, but that shared by many of his admirers/followers. :p

Auto Transport Service
Back