• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amsterdam

Imperial One

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:34 AM
Reaction score
Just got back today (to London UK where I am still on holiday). I was in Amsterdam for a couple days. This street name kind of tickled my fancy.

20230319_175651.jpg

We took the Eurostar over and back and it really moves.

20230321_103905.jpg

Who's the other in "we" ... Tim?
My wife. An "art" trip, not a debauchery one.

p.s. I have seen Tim three times here in England on this trip. We're (Tim and I) planning to go to Carlisle in 2024

I’ve been to Amsterdam a few times, always fun. I was in the military at the time so I stayed out of trouble. Dustin

I’ve been to Amsterdam a few times, always fun. I was in the military at the time so I stayed out of trouble. Dustin
Admit it Dustin, only because being in the Military you were to broke to get into any serious trouble.... :lol:

Admit it Dustin, only because being in the Military you were to broke to get into any serious trouble.... :lol:
After deploying right when I joined, I was never hard for money. Just not wanting to deal with trouble. I had a buddy already get caught bringing mushrooms back on the train.

After deploying right when I joined, I was never hard for money. Just not wanting to deal with trouble. I had a buddy already get caught bringing mushrooms back on the train.
Mostly just having fun with ya but if after joining you had money in your pocket either the pay has gotten better or you had another source of income... When I was in on your pay stub there was a box called daily norm.. Basically if you spend this much every day you'll be broke next payday... That number for an E-3 back in the 70's? $7.55....

Mostly just having fun with ya but if after joining you had money in your pocket either the pay has gotten better or you had another source of income... When I was in on your pay stub there was a box called daily norm.. Basically if you spend this much every day you'll be broke next payday... That number for an E-3 back in the 70's? $7.55....
Most of my friends were always broke. By the time I was one year in including training I was getting war zone hazard duty pay tax free for over 7 months. Now being E1-E2 wasn’t too much. But not spending any money for long stretches, wasn’t much I needed or wanted in Iraq.

Most of my friends were always broke. By the time I was one year in including training I was getting war zone hazard duty pay tax free for over 7 months. Now being E1-E2 wasn’t too much. But not spending any money for long stretches, wasn’t much I needed or wanted in Iraq.
Yeah, that's true of many places the Military gets to spend time... Probably more so in the Middle East than other places... I didn't go to Iraq but there wasn't much I needed in Turkey...

Auto Transport Service
Back